How To Not Be An A**Hole If You've Already Seen 'Avengers: Endgame'
With Avengers: Endgame finally landing in cinemas this week, the superhero cast and filmmakers have been doing all they can to keep the movie's secrets under wraps
To give you an idea of how far Marvel went to maintain the shroud of secrecy, literally none of the cast members even saw the full movie before it officially premiered in LA on Monday, 22 April.
Still, that didn't stop some people who've already seen the movie from abusing their privilege by posting spoilers on social media and random comment threads
So, to everyone who's already seen Avengers: Endgame, here are some simple tips on how to avoid losing friends and alienating people over the next few weeks:
1. Please don't snap a photo or record any part of the movie for FB Live or Insta Stories or whatever social media you can't leave alone for five minutes
For one, it's considered piracy and therefore, illegal.
For two, you can also get 'Likes' and reactions by posting your movie ticket or checking in your location and activity.
For three, why the heck are you on your phone while you're in the cinema?!
In fact, it got so bad that GSC got mad disappointed when some morons did it in one of their premises.
2. Please don't post spoilery plot points on Insta Stories or Snapchat. Simply because it disappears after 24 hours, doesn't mean it's the lesser of two evils.
Thank you for being considerate enough to not post it on a permanent spot like your Facebook page or Twitter feed, but it's actually worse to be pelted by spoilers on Insta Stories 'coz your friend actually chose to tap into it.
To counter any future arguments about staying out of social media and the Internet to avoid spoilers, I would like to bring your attention to this brilliant tweet:
3. It's totally okay to express how you feel after watching the movie. Just... maybe cap it to one or two lines so you don't accidentally spoil it for others.
4. Please don't leave a trail of spoilers in the comments section of movie reviews or anti-spoiler PSAs
I'm sure none of you are like this, but in the very unlikely event that you do this for poop and giggles... your life has to be pretty sad that you derive satisfaction from something as petty as ruining things for people.
5. Sure, no one's ever died after seeing spoilers, but do remember that these "snowflakes" are fans who've waited 10 years (maybe more) for this. They deserve to enjoy the movie just like you did.
Exposing spoilers doesn't make you cool or validate your existence in any way. Learn to respect those who haven't seen it yet, and most importantly:
TL;DR - don't be a d*ck, and keep your spoilery fingers out of social media. To paraphrase a fairly old meme: Tom is smart. Be like Tom.
Now share this PSA with fellow fans so we can all enjoy the movie as it should be experienced!
Ahead of the movie's premiere, we were lucky enough to sit down with Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) and Brie Larson (Captain Marvel) for a quick chat: