1. She is deeply passionate about what she does
As dancer Twyla Tharp once wrote, "Without passion, all the skill in the world won't lift you above craft." A successful woman knows that having a deep connection to her work is a powerful motivator to go beyond expectations and to create more meaningful, effective results.
2. She recognises that her time and energy are very valuable resources
Work is important, but so are her friends and family. She knows how to set her priorities in juggling both her career and personal life. She also knows that there is only so many things she can say 'yes' to; there are times when one has to know when to say 'no' and honestly mean it.
3. She sets realistic goals in favour of her strengths and conceives practical plans to see them come to life
4. She accepts that the fear of failure and regret is inescapable, yet she is willing to step out of her comfort zone and take risks
It's only natural that her dreams scare her because they are bigger than what she imagined. Plus, the reward is bound to taste sweeter with a little risk thrown in!
5. She knows her worth and how she deserves to be treated
6. She understands the importance of keeping up her friendships and forming new ones
The key to having meaningful successes is having a support network that she can rely on. Female entertainers, artists, and actresses always talk about how inspired they get from meeting and talking to people who are nothing like them.
7. She is always on the lookout for new knowledge to improve herself
She reads, asks questions, and readily accepts constructive criticism because she knows that there is always something to learn from others.
8. She is a leader in her own right, maybe even a boss who sets her own rules. Yet, she does not hesitate to be a mentor to those who are coming up behind her.
A successful woman does not believe in following the crowd, she can think and speak for herself. She also recognises that sharing her wisdom and experience with her support team is essential contribution to their growth and success as well.