Here's How To Make Every Day A Fun Adventure For Your Kids This School Holidays
Kids these days get their entertainment from all kinds of sources, including the TV, the Internet, YouTube, and more
Most of the time, kids watch content unsupervised. After all, it's hard for parents to keep watch over them 24/7. But with the recent news of negative influences coming from certain cartoon shows and video games, parents should be more cautious and aware of what their kids are consuming.
Thankfully, there is a way for parents to give their kids access to safe, educational content and activities during this upcoming school holidays.
So don't worry, we've got you covered with a lineup of fun adventures and learning opportunities for your children.
Here's what you can look forward to this school holidays:
1. Watch people get slimed at Nickelodeon's Slime Time
Remember the old Nickelodeon show 'Figure It Out', where they would pour buckets of slime on unfortunate partipants? Well, Astro is bringing the first slime event to Malaysia this March, so bring your kids over to have fun with the Slime Slide, Slime Shower, Slime Escape Room, and so much more!
Nickelodeon Slime Time
Date: 15 to 31 March 2019
Time: 10am to 10pm
Location: Sunway Pyramid, LG2, Orange Concourse
For more information, check out their website.
Pro Tip: Your kids may have too much fun getting dirty and messy, so bring along an extra set of clothes to change.
2. Can’t get enough of Slime? Make it with your kids at home in less than 10 minutes.
Even if you can't make it to Nickelodeon's Slime Time, you can try doing it at home with your kids! It's the perfect way to entertain them for hours, and they'll definitely love squishing the gooey slime and experimenting with different colours. Here's how you can make your own slime:
- Mix 1⁄2 cup shampoo (the thicker the better) with 1⁄4 cup of cornstarch in a bowl.
- Add 3 drops of food colouring and some glitter.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and stir. Slowly add 5 more tablespoons of water, stirring well after each one.
- Knead the slime for 5 minutes and it’s slime time!
Pro Tip: Head over the YouTube to explore other slimy ideas.
3. Sing and dance along to your favourite tunes with Pinkfong, Baby Shark, Didi & Friends, and Tong Tong
If you're in Kuching or planning to visit, there's good news for you! Pinkfong, Baby Shark, Didi & Friends, and Tong Tong will be flying to Kuching to spend the school holidays with you. Remember to bring your camera along to snap a photo with your favourite buddies.Pinkfong, Baby Shark, Didi & Friends, and Tong Tong Performance
Date: 29 to 31 March 2019, Friday to Sunday
Time: 10am to 10pm
Location: The Spring Shopping Mall, Kuching
Check out the three-day itinerary here.
Pro Tip: You can expect the place to be packed with all the hardcore fans, so be there early to secure your spot right in front of the stage.
4. If your kids love to dance and sing, bring them along to the Megastar Ministar Audition
This is the perfect stage for your kids to show off their talents on the big screen! So if they've been practicing in the car, in the bathroom, or in front of the TV, now's the time to push them to become the next star. Find out more details about the audition here.
Megastar Ministar Audition (Sabah)
Date: 30 to 31 March 2019, Saturday and Sunday
Location: Suria Sabah Shopping Mall, Kota Kinabalu
Megastar Ministar Audition (KL)
Date: 6 to 7 April 2019, Saturday and Sunday
Location: Sunway Putra Mall, Kuala Lumpur
Pro Tip: Don’t stress your kids out. Let them be themselves and have fun on stage.
5. Help your kids brush up their Mandarin with Astro Xiao Tai Yang's brand new 'Play To Learn' album
Get your kids to show off their singing and dance moves with this album, featuring a compilation of the best 23 songs from:
- Tong Tong Wonderland 2 (新童童欢乐园2)
- Doo Doo Rhythm and Beat (逗逗摇摇)
- Five Elves Musical Theme Song – We’re Wonder (五力魔法小精灵之奇幻旅程)
You can get it soon at CD Rama, Got 1 Shop, Go Shop, and on demand during the launch in April. Follow Astro 小太阳 on Facebook for the latest updates.
6. Try something new, fun, and educational like simple science experiments you can do with our kids at home
Science experiments are the perfect activity to stir up curiosity in your kids and get them excited about learning. If you're not sure where to start, you can try out this 'Rainbow Water' experiment. Here’s how it works:
- 6 small transparent jars or paper cups
- 5 paper towels folded into long strips
- Food colouring
- Place 6 jars in a row.
- Fill up the first, third and fifth jars with about 3 quarters of water, and add a few drops of food colouring (keep the colours separate).
- Dip one end of the paper towel into the jar with coloured water and connect the other end into the empty jar. Repeat for all 5 paper towels.
- Watch the coloured water travel up the paper towels and start mixing with each other.
- You now have a rainbow of colours!
7. Since the weather is hot and the haze is back, just stay at home, turn the air-cond on, and let your kids enjoy their favourite shows
Sometimes, you're so busy with housework and chores that you just need something to keep the children entertained. Your kids can now enjoy worry-free entertainment with Astro and their line-up of handpicked, filtered, and curated programmes. Plus there’s even a Parental Control feature to give you peace of mind, whether your kids are watching on demand or on TV.
This March holidays, there'll be all kinds of exciting shows like Upin & Ipin, GG Bond, and Enchantimals. Other shows to look out for include Cerita-Cerita Didi and Friends - Mengembara Bersama, Marvel Disc Wars: The Avengers, Ultimate Spider-Man, Mecard, Ben10 Omniverse, The Powerpuff Girls, Paw Patrol, and 44 Cats. Check out the full list here.
School holidays don't need to be a hassle. Make the most
out of this week-long break with these fun activities and let every day be an adventure for your kids!