Itching to get away from it all and take off on your next great adventure?
If you're still contemplating where to go, add Macao to your list of destination options
Only a short flight from KL (just slightly under four hours), this gorgeous resort city awaits you. What makes Macao truly unique is its mix of Chinese and Portuguese culture and traditions.
This range of influences has resulted in it having a wide variety of unmissable holidays, events, and festivals, each one with their own exciting themes and activities.
And with AirAsia's current promo, your Macao getaway doesn't have to be gila mahal either! Book your flights now and fly from Kuala Lumpur to Macao from only RM199 (all-in, one way)
Booking period: Now - 15 July 2018
Travel period: Now - 30 January 2019
Here are some cool upcoming events and festivals in Macao that you should definitely check out while you're there:
1. Wushu Masters Challenge - Watch the world's greatest wushu masters put on dazzling displays of their impressive skills and techniques and take each other on in thrilling challenges
Not only does this event celebrate the traditional martial art's long history, it also promotes friendship between the wushu masters. Don't forget to strike your best martial arts pose and snap some cool photos with the masters.
Dates: 2 - 5 August 2018
2. Macao International Fireworks Display Contest - Enjoy breathtaking views of Macao's night sky aglow in a starburst of magnificent fireworks as countries try to outdo each other with their respective shows
Head over to Nam Van Lake for one of the best views of the fireworks and the Macao Tower. There's no better way to enjoy the show than while having a nice dinner at the Macao Tower restaurant or any other restaurants nearby.
Dates: 1, 8, 15, 24 September & 1 October 2018
3. Macao Food Festival - Come with an empty stomach and get ready to eat the night away as you chow down on delicious cuisines from all around the world
Happening annually at the Sai Van Lake Square, this event is a local favourite. After you stuff yourself full of yummy food, make sure to stick around for the live performances, or you can even try your hand at the game booths and beer competition.
Dates: 9 - 25 November 2018
4. Macao Grand Prix - Get in on all the action of watching an exhilarating and adrenaline pumping race live at one of the most demanding circuits in the world
Did you know that the Macao Grand Prix is the only street circuit racing event in which both cars and motorcycle races are held?
Dates: 15 - 18 November 2018
5. Macao Light Festival - Marvel as the entire city is wondrously transformed by 3D projection mapping, light shows, interactive installations, and much more
You'll definitely want to clear some space in your memory card before exploring the city while the light festival is going on, you'll fill it up with gorgeous Insta-worthy photos in no time.
Dates: 2 - 31 December 2018
Sold on going to Macao? Head over to the Macao Super Sale to score some exclusive travel deals! Take note of all the deets below:
Date: 5 - 8 July 2018
Location: LG2, Blue Concourse, Sunway Pyramid
Hosted by Macao Tourism Malaysia, this one-stop event is your chance to grab exclusive travel deals and find out more about visiting Macao.
Here's what you can look forward to at the Macao Super Sale:
- Sample Macao delicacies like their famous Portuguese egg tarts and various treats from Shun Thye Hang
- Experience driving a race car with the Macao Grand Prix simulator
- Take part in the Mak Mak Snap & Win in Macao Super Sale contest and the Gimme 5! Gimme 6! Lucky Draw
- Check out Macao travel package promotions by Macao Tourism Malaysia's travel partners
- Have fun with the local celebrities who will be sharing their experiences (Jason Phang, Sock Peng, Essel En She, Sean Lee, and more)
Click here for more details.
And don't forget, the AirAsia promo for Macao ends on 15 July 2018, so book now!