[PHOTOS] Here's A Glimpse Inside The 1st Korean Convenience Store CU To Open In Malaysia
The wait is over! The first CU convenience store from South Korea is finally opening its first Malaysian outlet at Centrepoint, Bandar Utama, on 1 April.
We had a preview tour of CU, as well as a demo of some of its best snacks. Here's what you can expect to find at the store:
1. There's a pick-up counter selling made-to-order street food, such as tteokbokki, odeng (fishcake), dakgangjeong (fried chicken), corn sausage, and more
2. If you're craving something sweet, you should drop by for its bingsu, which comes in five unique flavours: choco, goguma (sweet potato), peanut butter, mango, and black sesame
3. CU also sells softserve ice cream in pumpkin and injeolmi (Korean sweet rice cake) flavours. You can even opt for a double up (an upsized version) of your favourite flavour.
4. You can order refreshing drinks like pumpkin tea and omija tea (five flavour berry tea)
5. You'll find a large section of ready-to-eat Korean meals and desserts, including bulgogi rice sets, rice balls, kimchi gimbap, and more
6. For those who need a quick beverage fix, you should try CU's exclusive delaffe drinks
These pre-packed drinks come in seven different flavours, which are watermelon ale, Americano sweet, plum ade, hazelnut flavour coffee, black Americano, peach iced tea, and green grape ade. They can be easily poured into a plastic cup containing ice, located in a cooler below the delaffe display.
7. If you want a quick breakfast bite, CU has a shelf of baked goods that are replenished daily
8. It also has several sections of popular snacks that are imported directly from Korea
9. There's a beverage aisle containing various Korean drinks as well as local favourites
10. It also sells pre-packed kimchi and bottled Samyang sauce so you can cook your favourite Korean meals at home
11. You can heat up your ramen cup noodles at their hot water counter and enjoy your tasty meal right in the store itself
12. You can find a selection of K-beauty products like sheet masks and hair dye
Here's where CU is located:
3, Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
10am - 10pm (Daily)