1. Minimise clutter by spring cleaning your home for a clean start to the new year
If you've accumulated unnecessary knick-knacks or left dusty corners in your house untouched the past months, it's probably time you start spring cleaning. Here are a few pointers to help you ease into it:
- De-clutter first - Get rid of some of the jumble that's crowding your
closet. Once you've freed up some space, you'll be able to see which areas need extra sweeping.
- Get equipped - Make sure you have all your cleaning supplies on hand before spring cleaning.
- Be organised - Trying to clean the whole house all at once is just going to get overwhelming. Instead, tackle one room at a time!
Ending the year with a sparkling clean home is the perfect way to start the new year.
2. Challenge yourself to conquer at least one fear before the end of the year
Whether it's the fear of heights or deep waters, you've got one last shot this year to overcome your fears. Rev up your adrenaline in preparation for the new year, 'cause after all, you only live once right? :)
3. Use up your annual leave for some much-needed R&R
Everyone needs a break once in a while to unload the stress that has accumulated over the past months. So go ahead, clear your annual leave and unwind on your much deserved holiday. When you return back to the grind next year, you would be sufficiently re-charged to take on any obstacles hurled your way.
4. Treat your colleagues and stuff yourselves to a year-end buffet
After slogging it out at work, treat you and your colleagues to a hearty buffet to celebrate the end of another productive year. Make sure you stuff yourselves silly because your diet can always wait until next year!
5. Go get that checkup you've been putting off
Before the year ends, safeguard your health by getting preventive screenings or reviewing your medications to ensure they are right for you. Besides physical health, a healthy mind also plays an important role in ensuring that the body is in tip-top condition. So arrange time to speak to a counsellor or attend a support group. Taking care of your health will help you kick-off the new year at your physical, emotional and mental best.
6. Have a movie marathon sleepover with your buddies
Having a movie marathon and sleepover with your friends is a great way to bond without having to spend much money. You can even countdown to the new year together with the people that you are the closest to!
7. Revisit your new year's resolutions for 2018, and see how far you've come
It may be a little too late to meet some of your big goals, but there must be one or two things you can still cross off before the end of the year!
8. Plan a party
Buy some sparklers, hire a food caterer, put on some upbeat music and have a party! There's no better way to end the year than by letting loose and having loads of fun!
9. Start planning your 2019 holidays
Planning for a trip can be stressful especially if you do it at the last minute.
So if you want to go on a holiday, start now and don't delay it any further. You should also take note of public holidays to coincide your leaves with them. Here's a list of public holidays that's happening in Malaysia in 2019:
10. Get an outfit to ring in the new year
If there's one night to dress up to the nines and make heads turn, it's New Year's Eve. What better time than to strut into the new year with a brand new outfit.
If you're looking for great clothing deals on top of amazingly stylish clothes, we've got you covered
Fashion Valet has an all new fun fringe collection! Add a lil' glam and spice up your outfits with the holiday pieces from their Festive Fringe line. You're guaranteed to look smashing in any of their chic items. Check out some of the collection below and see for yourself!
Don't wait any longer, click here to shop the Festive Fringe collection, as well as other snazzy pieces that can help complete your holiday look!