6 Feel Good Stories From Sunway That Will Put A Smile On Your Face This MCO
News about COVID-19 and the Movement Control Order (MCO) has been filling our social media feeds relentlessly
But there has been a silver lining in these troubling times, and that's stories of Malaysians coming together to help one another. Albeit from an appropriate social distance ;)
Sunway has put in the work to help Malaysians from all walks of life, and their stories have certainly been uplifting.
1. When Sunway Pyramid Hotel and Sunway Clio Hotel were gazetted by the Ministry of Health as quarantine centres, this Malaysian left a sweet note of support
Malaysians who have returned from abroad and tested negative for COVID-19 have been sent to complete their 14-day quarantine in various centres around the country.
While it's been tough for all involved, this encouraging message of gratitude definitely reminds us of the human connection that binds us together.
2. The giant heart that lit up the night from Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya gave us all a sense of unity
We're all currently isolated from friends and family, so this gesture was a lovely way to remind us that we're all in this together. The heart showed love and support for all frontliners, especially those in essential and critical services.
Remember, they go to work for us, so we have to stay home for them <3
3. Meanwhile, Sunway Hotels & Resorts has donated 1,500 repurposed soap bars to hundreds of juvenile inmates who are currently secluded from the outside world
It must be incredibly lonely for the young Malaysians in correctional centres. Now that visitations are not allowed during MCO, even more so. With worldwide concerns the impact of COVID-19 would have to correctional facilities should there be an outbreak, it's imperative that each individual is able to continue practising good hygiene habits.
Hundreds of juvenile inmates at Pusat Koreksional Puncak in Kajang were given soap bars to help them observe personal hygiene. This is to ensure they, and the facility staff, stay safe.
4. Of course the medical teams who are literally on the frontlines fighting this virus were also supported with essentials
Sunway Hotels & Resorts contributed more than 25,000 hygiene items including blankets, shower gel, shampoo, dental kits, small pillows, kitchen gloves, and more to Hospital Sungai Buloh in Selangor and Hospital Seberang Jaya.
The aid is expected to benefit at least 5,000 individuals to help hospitals cope with an increasing number of patients during this time.
5. In the spirit of #nooneleftbehind, Sunway is collaborating with Kechara Soup Kitchen Society to help feed the homeless and underprivileged
The MCO has been hard for all of us, more so for those who can't afford to put food on the table.
Stepping up for the cause with its #zerofoodwastage initiative, Sunway hotels has contributed a total of 415kg of surplus food, benefitting close to 1,700 urban poor Malaysians.
6. Finally, Sunway City Ipoh recently contributed organic vegetables fresh from its farm to Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun in Ipoh
To date, Sunway Property has donated more than 110kg of fresh produce, in four deliveries, that benefited some 750 healthcare workers and patients.
The group will continue to contribute to the hospital throughout the duration of MCO.
It's during hard times that we always seem to come together. Kudos to the helpers who are doing everything they can to make the situation that little bit easier for others.
Sunway wants to remind you to look out for each other, stay safe, and stay at home!