A Step-By-Step Guide On How To Register Your Child For Standard One In Primary School
Registration for Standard One is open from 1 March to 30 April.
Parents can opt to register their child for primary school if they turn seven years old next year, or the following year.
However, online registration is only applicable for states in Peninsular Malaysia. Parents in Sabah, Sarawak, and Federal Territory of Labuan still need to apply manually at their selected schools.
Here's who should apply for the upcoming 2022 intake:
- Children who will be turning seven years old in 2022
- Children born between 2 January 2015 and 1 January 2016
Here's who should apply for the 2023 intake:
- Children who will be turning seven years old in 2023
- Children born between 2 January 2016 and 1 January 2017
However, if you want to register your child who was born just two weeks shy of the date (e.g. born between 2 and 15 January), there is a special exception. Your child will need to go through a written test and oral interview to prove that they are ready for school.
STEP 1: Visit the Ministry of Education's website and create an account
For first time users, you'll need to create a new account. If you already have an account, you can log in and skip to STEP 3.
STEP 2: Fill in all the required details, then return to the first screen to log in to your account
Fill in all your personal details, and click submit to create your account. Once that's done, you'll need to return to the first screen and log in with your newly created account.
STEP 3: Select 'Tahun 1' > 'Permohonan Baharu' > Then fill out the required information
Once you're logged in, you can scroll down to see the online services available. Click on 'Tahun 1' to sign up your child for Standard One. Then, select 'Permohonan Baharu' to start a new application.
Next, fill up all the required information and submit. Do note that this portion of the website will only be made available from 1 March to 30 April.
STEP 4: Verify your registration at the primary school within 14 days of your online registration
After completing the online registration between 1 March and 30 April, you'll have 14 days to verify it at the designated school. Make sure to bring the registration form, along with these supporting documents:
1. Birth certificate of child (original and copy)
2. IC of parent or guardian (original and copy)
3. Marriage certificate or divorce document (original and copy)
4. Utility bills (electric/water/assessment bills/rent/Telekom) under parent's/guardian's name to verify residential address (original and copy)
5. Sibling's birth certificate if they are studying in the same school (Copy)
6. Doctor's health report or OKU card (if applicable)
7. Self-addressed envelope with stamp affixed (subject to individual school requirements)
What happens next?
You will receive a letter in either July or August, stating the school that your child will be attending. Remember to keep the letter and bring it along on your child's first day of school.
Need some help registering your child for Standard One in a government primary school?
Find out more by contacting your nearest State Education Department (JPN) or District Eduction Office.
For more #informative stories: