HUAWEI Launches The All-New Mate 30 Series & We Seriously Want One For Ourselves
Following on from the success of the Mate 20 series, HUAWEI has officially launched the next iteration of the Mate lineup with the HUAWEI Mate 30 and the Mate 30 Pro
The HUAWEI Mate 30 series is more than just a new iteration of an already great phone design. It's a step into a newer, bolder direction. Here's what we mean:
1. Both the HUAWEI Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro sport beautifully-constructed camera setups that take AMAZING photos
Coming with a SuperSensing triple camera setup, the HUAWEI Mate 30 offers users the choice between a 40MP SuperSensing camera, a 16MP Ultra-Wide Angle camera, as well as an 8MP Telephoto lens.
The HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro, on the other hand, packs a game-changing quad camera setup similar to the Mate 30's, but with extra oomph. These added features include a 40MP Cine Camera and a 3D Depth Sensing camera.
Here's the general lineup of cameras in both the HUAWEI Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro:
HUAWEI Mate 30
1. 40MP SuperSensing Camera
2. 16MP Ultra Wide-angle Camera
3. 8MP Telephoto Camera
HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro
1. 40MP Cine Camera
2. 40MP SuperSensing Camera
3. 8MP Telephoto Camera
4. 3D Depth Sensing Camera (for that buttery-smooth bokeh)
2. The Horizon Display on the HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro allows for seamless content viewing and productivity
The HUAWEI Horizon Display curves at an 88-degree angle, making for an immersive, edge-to-edge viewing experience from the maximised display area.
Another cool trick with the HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro is the fact that there aren't any physical volume up/down buttons. Instead, you have the Side-touch Interaction Feature, which you can just double tap on either side of the Horizon Display, and then slide your finger up or down to adjust accordingly. People with small hands, rejoice! ;D
3. The new Kirin 990 Processor provides 5G-ready and laju gilerrr performance without compromising battery life
The first second-generation 5G phone in the world also houses a dual-chip processor. Okay, so what does that even mean?
Imagine having processing units and a 5G modem as separate objects, as they usually are. In the HUAWEI Mate 30 series, you have all of this power in just one chip. That also saves more space for a bigger battery. At the end of the day, you'll have a super-fast performing smartphone and insane battery life at 4,200 mAh on the Mate 30 and 4,500 mAh on the Mate 30 Pro.
4. Aesthetics are key to the HUAWEI Mate 30 series' appeal
Dubbed the 'Halo Ring Design', the primary camera setup is circular in appearance and makes it truly stand out amongst other smartphones.
But it also has a deeper meaning. The 'Halo Ring Design' symbolises HUAWEI's efforts in coming 'full circle'. It's a testament to the innovation and technological advancement the company has made over the years. Sweet. :)
The HUAWEI Mate 30 series has a lot more to offer than you think. Seriously, take a look at some of these specs:
- The EMUI 10 operating system features a magazine-inspired layout and an Always-On-Display (AOD), which changes the colour of the lock screen throughout the day.
- Dark Mode allows users to view their content with ease in dimly-lit environments. Or if you're like admin, you'll have it on all the time. Come to the dark side. ;)
- Customise invisible virtual keys with the Side-touch Interaction Feature for an awesome experience when gaming and taking photos. Great for left and right handers alike!
- Contactless screen interaction with AI gesture control lets you control some of the things you do without even having to touch the phone.
- HiCar provides seamless connectivity between the HUAWEI Mate 30 series and a car's infotainment system.
- Multi-screen Collaboration allows users to control multiple screens and transfer data between HUAWEI devices.
- The HUAWEI 3D Face Unlock and In-Screen Fingerprint Sensor provide users with the security and assurance they need when using their device (HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro only).
HUAWEI Wearables are a sight for sore eyes
HUAWEI also launched the much-anticipated Watch GT2, which packs the Kirin A1 chip, along with the promise of one-week battery life on the smaller 42mm variant and two-week battery life on the 46mm version. The HUAWEI Watch GT2 also offers 15 sport modes,10 training modes, as well as bluetooth calling, heart rate monitoring and a slew of other cool features.
The HUAWEI Mate 30 series comes in six attractive colours and two finishes
Both the 6.62-inch HUAWEI Mate 30 and the 6.53-inch HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro come in a beautiful selection of colours ranging from Emerald Green, Space Silver, Cosmic Purple, and Black, whereas Forest Green and Orange come in Vegan Leather backs.
At launch, the HUAWEI Mate 30 (8GB + 128GB) is priced at 799 Euros, while the HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro (8GB + 256GB) costs 1,099 Euros.
Stay tuned for the full review!
For more information, head to HUAWEI's official website
For more #lifestyle stories on SAYS: