These Are The 8 Most Expensive Hermes Birkin Handbags In The World
1. Brighton blue Porosus crocodile Birkin Bag: Auctioned off for USD113,525 (RM451,659) in 2011
2. A metallic bronze chèvre leather Hermès Birkin bag: Auctioned off for USD117,000 (RM465,480) in December last year
3. Dark blue crocodile Birkin: Auctioned off for GBP125,000 (RM671,070) in June last year
4. Fuchsia crocodile Birkin studded with diamonds: Auctioned off for HKD1.72 million (RM870,000) in 2016
Encrusted with 18-karat gold and diamonds, it is believed that former PM Najib Razak's wife Rosmah Mansor owns one of these coveted bags.
5. Blood red Hermès braise shiny porosus crocodile Birkin bag: Auctioned off for USD298,000 (RM1.185 million) in April 2016
Designed in Porosus crocodile skin, 18-karat white gold, and diamond-studded hardware, this is probably one of the nicest-looking Birkins in this list (at least, according to me, a person who cannot afford a Birkin).
6. Niloticus Crocodile Himalaya Birkin 30: Auctioned off for HKD2.98 million (RM1.51 million) last year, making it the world's most expensive handbag sold at an auction
7. 2012 Birkin Sac Bijou: Retailed for USD1.9 million (RM7.56 million)
Created by Pierre Hardy, creative director of fine jewellery at Hermès, the Birkin Sac Bijou is made entirely of rose gold and studded with 2,712 diamonds, hence its hefty price tag.
The bag retailed at USD1.9 million, with only three models made... we can't even imagine what the resale value is like!
8. Hermès Birkin Bag by Ginza Tanaka: Retailed for USD1.9 million (RM7.56 million)
Created by Japanese designer Ginza Tanaka, this bling-y piece combines platinum, 2,000 diamonds, and a pear-shaped eight-karat stone that can also be removed and worn as a brooch.
Here's the kicker - the bag's diamond sling can also be worn as a bracelet or necklace!