15 Tips You Need To Know To Survive The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale
Book lovers, put on your hunting boots, a bottle of water and a huge suitcase. The Big Bad Wolf is back!
Every year, book lovers go bananas over the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale
We at SAYS believe that reading a good book is like going on a great adventure. To encourage your awesome reading habit, here is a guide to help you survive the craziest book sale in town:
1. The hall will be HUGE. Dress sensibly and wear comfortable shoes.
2. First come first serve. Finders keepers. The earlier you go, the higher your chances of getting first dibs of the books you want.
3. Prepare yourself mentally. If you are thinking of getting only 3 books, you might actually leave with 13 books instead.
4. The organisers do not provide shopping baskets for you while you browse for books. Bring your own shopping bag to haul those books around, you will need it.
5. A bag with wheels, like a suitcase or a trolley, works best. Your arms will thank you.
6. It will get hot and stuffy. Cool yourself down with a paper fan and drink lots of water.
7. Avoid the crowd by coming during off-peak hours. (Tip: Early in the morning and late at night)
8. Pace yourself, there will be 3 million books and it can get overwhelming. The books will be arranged by genre, take your time to browse through the books by picking your favourite genre first.
9. This is the best time to buy books you could never afford. Bring a checklist of books you want to get. But be prepared that it might not be available during the sale.
10. See an intriguing book but not sure if it's any good? Use your smartphone or tablet to look up book reviews.
11. Be a considerate shopper. Put the unwanted books where you found them, don't just chuck them in random places.
12. Get ready for a long queue. You can speed up payment at the checkout counter by arranging your purchases by price.
13. If you will be travelling to the venue by taxi, you can get a RM10 cash back when you use MyTeksi.
14. There will be vendors selling food and drinks at the venue, but you can bring your own water to save a quick buck.
15. Don't worry if you missed the sale. They usually organise an Aftermath Sale at a smaller scale but with an even bigger discount.
Enjoy the sale and read on!