Whether you just graduated or you've been working for a few years, it's important to plan how you want to advance your career
While your education and work experience play a big role in your career growth, having the right professional qualification can help you stay one step ahead of the game.
Sometimes, it could be the determining factor whether you land that high-paying dream job!
If you're in the field of accounting, finance and business, the CPA Australia designation can really help you get ahead in your career
Recognised by the Malaysian Institute of Accountants, CPA Australia is one the world's largest accounting bodies with a global membership of over 166,000 members working in over 100 countries and regions around the world.
Being a member of CPA Australia is a mark of high professional competence, which means you'll be widely regarded by employers in accounting, finance and business.
1. You'll set yourself up for better career prospects
As a CPA, you'll have more career options available and will stand out against your peers in the competitive job market. You can also choose to work in a number of different fields, including multinationals, non-profits, government agencies, and more.
2. You get to continually develop your skills and experience
What's great about the CPA Program is that it provides a mix of technical knowledge along with soft skills, such as leadership, business, and strategic thinking skills. Along with comprehensive study resources and support, you will be able to equip yourself with the skills you need to thrive in your future career.
3. You'll have the chance to work and live internationally
Since the CPA Australia designation is recognised globally, you could potentially take your career all over the world in a range of different roles. If you plan to work abroad in the future, having the backing of a world-renowned designation will give you a pathway to progress your career beyond Malaysia.
4. You'll enhance your professional reputation
As one of the most prestigious accounting and finance designations, being a CPA Australia member means that you'll be highly-regarded by your clients, employers, and colleagues. This designation shows that you are more than a graduate or skilled accountant, but someone truly dedicated to your profession.
5. You'll gain professional freedom in the long-run
With the CPA Australia designation, you'll have way more professional freedom in the future. Whether you're interested in moving into the C-Suite, providing services as a consultant, or becoming a founding member of your own firm, this designation will help you build a solid foundation and gain the business leadership skills you need to succeed in a diverse range of roles.
The great thing about CPA Australia is that they offer both full-time and self-paced online study with a range of guided learning tools to support you through the CPA Program
Whether you prefer flexibility or structure, consistency or cramming, CPA Australia offers an extensive range of learning resources to help you study anywhere, anytime.
They also provide comprehensive study resources and support that will help you build professional accounting skills that could take you across the globe.
To become a CPA Australia member, here's what you need:
- Complete a degree or postgraduate award recognised as equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree
- Complete the CPA Program, including three years of relevant professional experience
You can now enrol for Semester 2 of the CPA Program from 30 June to 7 August 2020
Find out more about the programme by joining their information sessions:
- Become a CPA Information Session: 4 July (Sat) | 11am - 1pm
- Become a CPA Information Session: 8 July (Wed) | 1.15pm – 2.15pm
- Become a CPA Information Session: 15 July (Wed) | 1pm - 2pm
- Become a CPA Information Session: 25 July (Sat) | 11am - 12pm
- Become a CPA Information Session: 29 July (Wed) | 1pm - 2pm
- Become a CPA Information Session: 5 Aug (Wed) | 12pm - 1pm
For enquiries, email [email protected], or call Edwin at 03-2267 3317 or Charlotte at 03-2267 3307.