Salmon, Lobster, Scallop Yee Sang, And Other Must-Try Dishes This Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year is almost here, and we're ready to feast!
Can you believe that Chinese New Year is just around the corner? If you're still looking for a place to book for reunion dinner or somewhere to impress your relatives coming from overseas, Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa has got you covered!
From 21 January to 19 February, The Resort Café at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa will be bringing you a series of festive offerings with the theme 'Winds of Prosperity'
There will be various buffet offerings, eight-course set menus, golden takeaway treasures, and exclusive hotel promotions across this festive season.
But first, what's Chinese New Year without Yee Sang?!
To satisfy your cravings, The Resort Café at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa has come up with five different types of Yee Sang and a range of delicious sauces
This year, you can enjoy five different variants of Yee Sang, including:
- Crispy Shrimp and Snow Pear Yee Sang
- Salmon and Snow Pear Yee Sang
- Salmon Skin Yee Sang
- Fresh Salmon and Soft-Shell Crab Yee Sang
- Cooked Lobster Yee Sang
You will also get to choose from a selection of sauces including their signature plum sauce and wasabi sauce, or try out their new flavours like fresh avocado plum sauce or rojak plum sauce. We got to try all the flavours, and we absolutely recommend the Cooked Lobster Yee Sang with wasabi sauce!
As guests dine in, they can also have additional add-on of yee sang from MYR148 nett (full portion) and MYR88 nett (half portion).
For family reunions and big gatherings, The Resort Café at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa has prepared three luxurious eight-course set menus. Here are some dishes from the Billow Of Longevity that we got to try:
1. A hearty chicken broth with antler mushroom, Hokkaido dried scallop, and fish maw that has been double boiled for nine hours
2. Juicy, succulent braised South African abalone served with money bags and topped with black garlic sauce
3. Duo variety chicken: deep fried chicken slices with cranberry sauce and chicken roulade with ma lat paste
4. Crystal prawn meat with golden sand and pine nuts - this dish was one of our favourites!
5. Fragrant waxed meat rice in claypot for those who love rice with the perfect wok hei aroma
6. And a delicately prepared thousand layer radish puff, served alongside chilled lemongrass jelly with sun-dried persimmon syrup
Savour specially curated dishes like these over a round table gathering and make this Chinese New Year a memorable one with these set menus:
- Billow of Happiness (MYR1,688 nett per table)
- Billow of Prosperity (MYR1,888 nett per table)
- Billow of Longevity (MYR2,088 nett per table)
Besides set menus, The Resort Café at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa will also be having a series of buffet offerings from 21 January all the way to Chap Goh Mei on 19 February
Enjoy a range of Chinese New Year themed desserts and cookies. (The Tang Yuen coated with peanuts is a must-try if you get the chance!) Plus, indulge in celebratory Chinese delicacies on rotation daily.
The buffet offerings are available from 6.30pm to 10.30pm, and are available all through 21 January to 19 February.
If you're looking for a hotel getaway this Chinese New Year, check out these three awesome hotels at Sunway City with amazing promotions for you and your family
Enjoy these exclusive rates when you book from now till 17 February 2019. (The staying period is 1 to 17 February 2019):
Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa from MYR388+ with 2 Breakfast
Sunway Pyramid Hotel from MYR298+ with 2 Breakfast
Sunway Clio Hotel from MYR288+ with 2 Breakfast
For more information on Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa's festive offerings for 'Winds of Prosperity', visit their website today