15-Year-Old Bangladeshi Boy Shipped To Malaysia After Hide & Seek Game Went Awry

The teenager reportedly went six days without food and water.

Cover image via @jnmalaysia (Twitter)

Follow us on InstagramTikTok, and Telegram for the latest stories and breaking news.

Late last month, a 15-year-old Bangladeshi boy was discovered in a shipping container on a tanker that docked at Port Klang, Selangor

According to New Straits Times, while unloading shipments from the tanker on the night of 17 January, West Port authorities reportedly heard banging from within one of the containers and discovered that the teenager was trapped inside.

Once freed, the boy immediately walked out, dazed and confused as to where he was.

He was found to be in a weakened state and was suffering from a fever.

Authorities tried to question him to get some details about his identity. But due to language barriers, they were only able to get his name, which is Fahim.

The teenager walking out of the shipment container he was trapped in.

Image via @jnmalaysia (Twitter)

The shipping tanker Fahim was trapped in was believed to have left Chittagong, Bangladesh, on Thursday, 12 January

This meant Fahim went without food and water for six days straight.

Authorities supplied the emaciated 15-year-old with some food, water, and fresh clothes before he was brought to the hospital via an ambulance.

The boy was admitted to a hospital in Klang to undergo a medical checkup and documentation processing.

15-year-old Fahim eating some food before being brought to the hopsital.

Image via @jnmalaysia (Twitter)

Initially, authorities were concerned that Fahim was a human trafficking victim and was shipped to Malaysia by a syndicate

However, according to India Times, the 15-year-old was playing a game of hide-and-seek with his friends and hid in one of the shipping containers, where he allegedly locked himself inside by accident.

He reportedly fell asleep and did not realise the tanker had departed from his country's shores and headed to Malaysia.

According to a press statement to Bernama, Home Affairs Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail revealed that investigations confirmed Fahim was not a victim of human trafficking and was brought to Malaysia by accident.

"The relevant authorities have investigated the case and their investigations found no elements of human trafficking... The authorities are in the process of repatriating him through the legal channel. That's it," Saifuddin said.

Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail.

Image via Borneo Post Online

Catch up on the latest trending news on SAYS:

You may be interested in: