Man In Perak Chokes To Death On A Piece Of Ang Ku Kuih

The choking man's son and daughter-in-law rushed him to a clinic two minutes from their home, but found that it was closed.

Cover image via Wikipedia & Robert Linder/Unsplash

Follow us on Instagram, TikTok, and Telegram for the latest stories and breaking news.

A middle-aged man recently choked to death while eating a piece of ang ku kuih for breakfast at his residence in Bagan Datuk, Perak, on Sunday, 29 January

According to Sin Chew Daily, the man, surnamed Ji (transliteration), was eating the pastry at his Sungai Sumun home with his son and daughter-in-law at 9am, when he began to experience soreness in his throat and realised he was choking.

Panicked, his family rushed him to the closest clinic, which was a two-minute drive away.

Unfortunately, when they arrived at the clinic, it was closed.

Image for illustration purposes only.

Image via Wikimedia Commons

The couple quickly made their way to a private hospital in Teluk Intan.

Unfortunately, during their drive there, Ji passed away.

It wasn't until after his father passed away that Ji's son realised that there was an emergency button at the earlier government clinic that he could have pressed to alert medical personnel.

He reportedly felt immense guilt and regret for missing the chance to save his father. However, other members of the family acknowledged that the couple may have been too panicked.

Ji's body was sent to a hospital for an autopsy and his cause of death was confirmed to be due to choking.

In the event that you are alone and choking, here's a guide on how to perform the Heimlich manoeuvre on yourself:

Read more trending news stories on SAYS: