17 Things To Do Before The 6% GST Kicks In
Time to go shopping before you can't afford it anymore.
1. Go to the pharmacy and stock up on toiletries, multivitamins...
2. ...and a year's supply of sanitary pads and chocolates
3. Change your wonky smartphone, tablet, or laptop
4. Try that artisanal grocery you've always been curious about
5. Get a deep, relaxing massage and facial before money woes stress you out even more
6. Service your car. Get a wash and wax too while you're at it.
7. Dine at that fancy restaurant with your significant other
8. Girls, buy all the make up, accessories, and perfume!
9. Get a haircut
10. Update your old wardrobe
11. If you love reading, time to fill up your bookshelves with books
12. Go for medical check-up
13. Have a wild karaoke night
14. Look for all the birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, anniversary, and Christmas presents now, now, NOW!
15. If you're a parent...
16. Settle all your overdue bills
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be imposed not only for MEPS transactions but also for online banking and over-the-counter transactions. Association of Banks Malaysia (ABM) executive director Chua Mei Lin said the fee charged by banks for online interbank Giro fund transfers, including bill payment, would be subjected to GST. “If there is a bank charge or fee, then GST will be imposed on those charges. The six per cent GST charge will not be for the transaction amount but for the bank charges,” he said.themalaymailonline.com
17. Watch a movie every day until 1 April 2015
Not everything in the market will be taxed with GST, here are some items that are exempted from the 6% tax
What else do you want to do before GST is implemented on 1 April 2015? Tell us in the comments section below.