7-Year-Old Tahfiz Student Was Beaten To Death Because Senior Students Were Jealous Of Him

Three 13-year-old tahfiz students have been remanded until next Thursday.

Cover image via Muhammad Asyraf Sawal/New Straits TImes

Seven-year-old Muhammad Aimin Nurul Amin was the youngest student at his religious school in Kampung Kuala Kuang, Lanchang.

This made Aimin a favourite of the married couple who ran the tahfiz.

This, however, led to jealousy among a group of senior students at the tahfiz, who attacked Aimin and hit him with a hard object, police say

A report in New Straits Times today, 10 November, quoted Pahang police chief Datuk Abdul Jalil Hassan saying that the other students were jealous of Aimin because he was the youngest and was pampered more by the couple, who were his teacher (the husband) and warden (the wife).

Due to jealousy of the victim's closeness with the couple, a fight ensued between them and Aimin was beaten up.
Abdul Jalil Hassan

At 1pm on Thursday, 7 November, when the warden had tried to wake Aimin for prayers, she realised that his legs and hands were cold

Following which, the couple rushed the seven-year-old to the Lanchang health clinic.

However, Aimin was confirmed dead at the Lanchang Health Clinic at 1.20pm.

Aimin's father, Nurul Amin Abdul Rahman, and stepmother Hasmaliza AhmadNurul grieving.

Image via Muhammad Asyraf Sawal/New Straits Times

The 39-year-old warden, Siti Nor Asilah Samsuri, said that she took Aimin to the health clinic when she found out that he appeared listless

A Bernama report quoted her saying that he was still at the hostel although the other three students had already gone to the mosque to perform the Zohor prayer.

He appeared listless, said he was tired.

"His feet and hands were also cold when I held them. His pants were also wet as if he had just taken it off the clothes' line after washing and hanging it up for a short while," she said, as reported by Bernama.

The warden's husband, 39-year-old Mohd Heesham Mat Yeh, claimed Aimin had never complained of being bullied or being sick all the while he was at the tahfiz.

The Bernama report said that the religious school became operational early this year at a brick house in Kampung Kuala Kaung, and had only four of its 14 students living in the hostel.

The victim had severe bruises on his body and face

An autopsy on the victim's body found injuries on his chest and abdomen.

According to the Pahang police chief, the autopsy, which was conducted at Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Hospital in Temerloh, confirmed Aimin's death was due to blunt force trauma.

Police are investigating the case after classifying it as murder and have detained three suspects, all aged 13, including Aimin's stepbrother

Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder carries a mandatory death sentence.

Abdul Jalil said that the three suspects have been remanded until Thursday, 14 November.

Meanwhile, the tahfiz school has been told to shut down immediately by the state Malay Customs and Islamic Religious Council (MUIP)

Malay Mail reported via Sinar Harian that MUIP deputy head Datuk Seri Wan Abdul Wahib Wan Hassan has given the order as the school was unregistered.

It had not even applied to operate despite being open since January, the report said.

"I have already signed the letter for its immediate shutdown after our checks revealed that the tahfiz school had never made the application," Wan Abdul was quoted saying.

Read more trending stories on SAYS:

You may be interested in: