9 Of The Most Gruesome Abuses Found In The CIA Torture Report
What the CIA did to its detainees, a number of who were wrongfully held, is so much worse you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy.
1. The CIA tortured people before they even tried asking them to cooperate
2. The CIA conducted torture sessions knowing they would worsen detainees' injuries
3. The CIA put hummus in a detainee's rectum
4. CIA interrogators shackled detainees to the wall and forced them to stand on broken feet
5. Detainees were kept awake for as long as 180 hours in standing position with their hands shackled above their heads
Sleep deprivation involved keeping detainees awake for up to 180 hours, usually standing or in stress positions, at times with their hands shackled above their heads. At least five detainees experienced disturbing hallucinations during prolonged sleep deprivation and, in at least two of those cases, the CIA nonetheless continued the sleep deprivation.” One of the prisoners forced to say awake for seven-and-a-half days was Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. Most of this time he was forced to stand. The report says that former CIS director Michael Hayden was aware that Mohammed had been deprived of sleep for this period.theguardian.com