Negeri Sembilan Teen Dies Of Electrocution After Falling Asleep While Wearing Earphones

His phone was charging next to him.

Cover image via Facebook & Cempedak Cheese

On Monday, 4 December, a 16-year-old boy died of electrocution in his home in Kampung Gais Batu Pedas, Rembau

Image via Facebook

District police chief Deputy Superintendent Anuar Bakri Abdul Salam said that the victim, Mohd Aidi Azzhar Zahrin, appeared to be asleep on the floor when he was found by his mother at 12.45pm, according to Harian Metro.

Aidi's mother reportedly felt uneasy at work and decided to go home to check on her son.

When she found him lying in the same position, Aidi was unresponsive and his body was cold.

She immediately contacted a medical officer from a nearby clinic who confirmed that he had been dead for several hours.

While there were no signs of bruises or injuries, Anuar said that, "there was bleeding from his left ear."

The victim was found wearing earphones plugged into his mobile phone, which was charging next to him

Click to Reveal
Image from Cempedak Cheese
Image via Cempedak Cheese

A post-mortem conducted at Tuanku Ja'afar Hospital revealed that the cause of death is related to electrocution, New Straits Times reported.

Read more trending news on SAYS:

You may be interested in: