A Part-Time Staff At Nando's Palm Mall Outlet Has Tested Positive For COVID-19

Nando's Malaysia has confirmed that the infected crew member did not visit any other Nando's restaurants 14-days before and after receiving the COVID-19 test results.

Cover image via Palm Mall & Nando's (Facebook)

Nando's Malaysia has announced that it one of its part-time staff at their outlet in Palm Mall, Seremban, has tested positive for COVID-19

In a statement issued on Friday, 9 September, the South African restaurant chain said that the part-time crew member from Nando's Palm Mall tested positive for the COVID-19 virus on 9 October.

According to Nando's, the infected crew member is a student at a local university.

"The crew member has not been to the restaurant since clocking out on 5 October and is being transported to Hospital Rembau for quarantine and treatment," the statement said.

The outlet was immediately closed once MOH issued a notice

"Upon receiving the notice from Ministry of Health, we immediately closed the restaurant for thorough cleaning and sanitising whilst all crew members on shift have been asked to quarantine and sent for COVID-19 testing in accordance with MOH guidelines," Nando's stated in its statement.

The restaurant is temporarily closed for thorough disinfection and cleaning until further advisory from the Ministry of Health.

Nando's said that it has taken several precautionary measures

Among them, it has given paid leave to all workers who had interacted with the infected part-timer so they could stay at home for the next 14 days pending their COVID-19 test results.

Nando's also stated that the outlet was "disinfected, cleaned, and sanitised" on Friday itself.

In the meantime, the chain specialising in Portuguese-African food asked anyone who has been to Palm Mall to stay safe, stay at home, and wait to hear from MOH based on procedures to trace close contacts.

Keep practising physical distancing and wash your hands often. Watch the latest update on the COVID-19 situation:

Meanwhile, 1 Utama will be closed for a week:

On the other hand, a member of the congregation who attended the 2 October Friday prayers at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport mosque in Subang Jaya has now tested positive for COVID-19:

You may be interested in: