9-Month-Old Baby In Terengganu Hospitalised After Swallowing Her Mother's Headscarf Pin

The incident was discovered by her 11-year-old sister.

Cover image via Sin Chew Daily

A nine-month-old baby in Kuala Terengganu was hospitalised after swallowing her mother's headscarf pin on 11 March

The baby's X-ray scan.

Image via Sin Chew Daily

Kosmo reported that the incident occurred while the baby's mother was driving her and her 11-year-old sister home at around 9.30pm on 11 March. 

The family resides in Ajil, Kuala Terengganu. 

The 33-year-old mother revealed that her 11-year-old daughter was hugging the baby in the passenger seat at the time of the incident

Guang Ming Daily reported that the mother, Noor Amira, did not realise what her baby had put in her mouth while she was driving. 

"Suddenly my daughter shouted that her sister had swallowed something that looked like a pin," Amira told Kosmo. 

"I'm not sure what happened but I think she found my headscarf pin that I dropped In between the car seat and the door," she added.

The pin has since been removed from the baby's body through excretion

Image via Sin Chew Daily

Kosmo reported that the pin was found in the baby's stool at around 4.30pm yesterday, 12 March. 

The baby was receiving treatment at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital in Kuala Terengganu. 

Read other trending news on SAYS:

You may be interested in: