44-Year-Old Father Kills 7-Year-Old Daughter And Seriously Injures Two Others. Why?

An unemployed man, 44, believed to be depressed, killed one daughter, 7, and injured two others with a parang at his house in Section 4, Bandar Baru Bangi, here, yesterday.

Cover image via

A Father Allegedly Murdered His 7 Year Old Daughter And Severely Injured Two Other Daughters In Bangi On 30 January 2014

The crime happened in Seksyen 4, Bandar Baru Bangi.

Image via

A seven-year-old girl was allegedly murdered by her own father while her two sisters were severely injured at their home in Bandar Baru Bangi.

"Her neck was slashed severely...she had died when we got there. We immediately rushed the two other girls to Kajang Hospital to receive treatment," Selangor deputy police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Abdul Rahim Jaafar said when met at the scene.

He then attacked two daughters, aged 10 and 12, who were in the house. Both suffered serious injuries. The 10-year-old had one finger severed, while the other was slashed at the back of the neck.

His Other Daughter, 15, Upon Returning From Religious School, Witnessed The Incident And Shouted For Help

Where the crime happened.

Image via

It is learnt that the girls' 15-year-old sister came home at about 4.15pm Thursday to find two girls injured in the living room with their father was holding a bloodstained parang.

When Her Father Emerged Carrying A Bloodstained Parang, The Teenager Took Off And Alerted Her Brother

The victim's mother comforts her 17-year-old son.

Image via

The girl saw blood splattered all over the living room and her sisters injured. She screamed and shouted for her elder brother, aged 17, who was in an upstairs room.

"The brother rushed down and on seeing what had happened told her to run upstairs and lock herself in his room. He then called the police," he said.

The Police Arrived On Scene To Discover The 7-Year-Old Girl Dead In A Back Room On The Ground Floor Of The House

Image for illustration purposes.

Image via

Selangor deputy police chief DCP Datuk Abdul Rahim Jaafar said the father had fled when police arrived but a search for him led the police to the 44-year-old suspect two hours later not far from the house.

"We managed to track him down at a river some 300 meters away at about 6.30pm".

A Manhunt For The 44-Year-Old Father Was Launched Soon After

The suspect, who is also the father of the victims.

Image via

"We managed to track him down at a river some 300 meters away at about 6.30pm. He had wounds on his arm as we believe he had jumped into the river to escape," he said adding that, the man was sent to Kajang Hospital as well for treatment.

The Injured Children And The Suspect Were Treated At The Hospital For Injuries

He said the injured children were sent to the Kajang Hospital where they were warded for their injuries.

Abdul Rahim said the suspect was also treated at the hospital for injuries he is believed to have sustained in a fall during his escape.

The victims mother who was at work at the time rushed back home upon being notified.

Police Learnt That The Suspect Was Depressed After Losing His Job Two Years Ago

Image for illustration purposes.

Image via

The suspect who had been jobless for two years, did not have a criminal record and could be suffering mental problems.

Later, a neighbour, who declined to be identified, when interviewed, said the wife was now at the Kajang Hospital.

She said the family was highly respected in the neighbourhood as they always joined congregational prayers at their surau.

Earlier This Month, A Two Year Old Baby Was Found Dead In An Empty House In Terengganu:

You may be interested in: