You Can Now Register For DBKL's RM100 Micro-Housing Units

The micro-housing project is open to Malaysian youths who are single and hold a job.

Cover image via Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur/Facebook & ePerumahan

The first phase of Kuala Lumpur City Hall's (DBKL) micro-housing project is now open for registration

A mock-up of the unit.

Image via Twitter @NewsBFM

Announced at the start of 2019, the first phase of the project involves the revamping of a pair of seven-storey shophouses at Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman (TAR), reported New Straits Times.

The first phase will cater to 190 tenants, while the second phase is expected to house an additional 135 people upon its completion in the first quarter of 2020.

Under the project, Malaysian singles who fit the criteria can rent a room at only RM100 - which includes water and electricity bills

Each room can fit four to six people.

Lot 54 & 56 on Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman is the location of the micro-housing unit.

Image via Twitter @NewsBFM

To rent one room, the tenant needs to fit the following criteria:
- Malaysian,
- Single (not married),
- Aged between 18 to 35 years old,
- Earns less than RM2,000 a month,
- Does not own a home,
- Does not own a car, and
- Holds a job.

Priority is given to those who work within 5km of the micro-housing area and to those who are not from Kuala Lumpur and live more than 25km away from the area.

All applications for a space in the micro-housing unit are made online

Image via ePerumahan

A full instruction manual on the registration process can be found here, but the breakdown is basically:

1. Register for an account on ePerumahan.
2. Activate your ePerumahan account using a valid email.
3. Complete your user profile.
4. Register for the micro-housing project (Perumahan Bandar).
5. Send in your application.

Visit the website here.

Read more about the project below:

Kuala Lumpur, 23 Ogos 2019 - Pendaftaran untuk permohonan Perumahan Bandar ( Micro Housing) DBKL. Permohonan mula...

Posted by Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur on Friday, 23 August 2019

If you're entitled to a micro-housing unit, then you may be entitled to the Cost of Living Aid (BSH) as well:

You may be interested in: