Beach Park In Penang Forced To Close After Receiving Up To 2,000 Visitors At A Time

Authorities found that some of the visitors did not wear face masks and had not been fully vaccinated yet.

Cover image via IPD Seberang Perai Utara (Facebook)

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for our latest stories and breaking news.

A beach park in Penang was forced to close temporarily after authorities found that visitors had not been abiding by standard operating procedures (SOPs)

According to Utusan Malaysia, Pantai Robina Park in Teluk Air Tawar was ordered to halt operations for five days starting Saturday, 18 September, until Wednesday, 22 September.

The Seberang Perai City Council (MBSP) mayor, North Seberang Perai district officer, and district health officer have unanimously agreed to temporarily close the recreational park to curb the spread of COVID-19.

When a task force from the North Seberang Perai police headquarters went to Pantai Robina Park to monitor the situation, they found that there were around 1,000 to 2,000 visitors present

North Seberang Perai district police chief ACP Noorzainy Mohd Noor explained, "Some of them were not wearing their face masks and did not keep a physical distance."

He also added that some of the visitors were not even fully vaccinated yet and that the park was located in a red zone area.

Meanwhile, MBSP mayor Datuk Rozali Mohamud said the park may even be closed until a later date

He told The Star, "MBSP calls on all visitors and members of the public who visit this recreational park or any park throughout Seberang Perai, especially those under the supervision of MBSP, to always comply with the SOPs."

Remember to limit your movement and keep practising physical distancing. Find out the latest COVID-19 updates on the Ministry of Health's COVIDNOW website.

Massive crowds have been gathering at different locations in Malaysia after the government decided to loosen some restrictions:

Read more news on SAYS:

You may be interested in: