BPN 2.0 Is Open For Registration. But Don't Freak Out If Your Payout Is Less This Time
There is confusion among people as to why they are receiving a lower payout this round.
The second round of cash aid, dubbed as Bantuan Prihatin Nasional 2.0 (BPN 2.0), has opened for registration today, 15 October
However, many netizens on Twitter are asking why they are eligible for a less amount compared to the last payout they received.
"Wait. The other day, they said that single Malaysians will receive RM500 from BPN 2.0. Why am I getting only RM300 now? As it is I didn't get the RM800 from BPN 1.0," said a Twitter user.
His comments were also echoed by a thousand more netizens, asking the same thing.
There is so much confusion that it has even made 'BPN 2.0' trend on Twitter at the time of writing.
The payout for BPN 2.0 is indeed less than the first round
On 23 September, Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced BPN 2.0, saying Putrajaya had allocated RM7 billion to give the cash aid to 10.6 million Malaysians.
The allocation for the first BPN cash aid was RM10 billion. Therefore, it is obvious that there will be a drop on the total payout for each eligible recipient across the board.
Here is the breakdown of the BPN 1.0 based on different categories:
- B40 families with an income of RM4,000 and below: RM1,600
- M40 families with an income between RM4,001 and RM8,000: RM1,000
- Single individuals with an income of RM2,000 and below: RM800
- Single individuals with an income between RM2,001 and RM4,000: RM500
While here is the breakdown of BPN 2.0 based on different categories:
- B40 families with an income of RM4,000 and below: RM1,000
- M40 families with an income between RM4,001 and RM8,000: RM600
- Single individuals with an income of RM2,000 and below: RM500
- Single individuals with an income between RM2,001 and RM4,000: RM300
BPN 2.0 payment will be made in two instalments, with the first one at the end of October and the second in January 2021.
However, this time around you don't have to go through the hassle of applying again
According to New Straits Times, the system uses the same database as the previous BPN incentive.
Meanwhile, the government will allow those who did not qualify for the previous BPN aid to appeal and submit a new application.
To check how much you are eligible for BPN 2.0, click the link here. If you missed out the last time and want to apply for the cash aid this round, click here for the guide.