Since the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) began in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, and Putrajaya, there have been questions surrounding the implementation and where one can travel without restrictions
Interstate and interdistrict travel is prohibited except for emergencies.
Those travelling to another district for work are required to obtain a valid working permit and/or an employer letter.
When you are on the road, police officers at designated roadblocks may ask you for your origin of departure and destination.
Defence Minister Ismail Sabri clarified that administrative districts are used during the enforcement of CMCO rather than police or health districts
Travelling within Kuala Lumpur is allowed as long as you do not cross state borders
The Defence Minister said the capital city is considered as a single district and Putrajaya another district.
"For example, those from Bukit Bintang can travel freely to Taman Tun Dr Ismail or those in Cheras to Bukit Bintang," he added.
However, in Selangor, the state is divided into nine districts instead:
- Gombak (Gombak, Rawang, Ampang, Setapak, Ulu Klang, Selayang, Kundang, Kuang, Batu Caves, Sungai Buloh, Kampung Sungai Pusu)
- Hulu Langat (Kajang, Ampang, Cheras, Bangi, Semenyih, Beranang, Bandar Baru Bangi, Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, Balakong, Taman Sri Nanding)
- Hulu Selangor (Kuala Kubu Bharu, Batang Kali, Kerling, Rasa, Serendah, Hulu Bernam, Bukit Beruntung)
- Klang (Kapar, Shah Alam, Meru, Bandar Baru Klang, Bukit Kemuning, Pandamaran, Pelabuhan Klang, Telok Menegun, Glenmarie Cove, Batu 4)
- Kuala Langat (Bandar Saujana Putra, Banting, Batu, Jugra, Teluk Datok, Morib, Tanjung Sepat, Teluk Panglima Garang)
- Kuala Selangor (Tanjung Karang, Bestari Jaya, Ijok, Jeram, Puncak Alam, Api-Api, Pasangan, Sungai Buloh)
- Petaling (Petaling Jaya, Puchong, Subang, Damansara, Shah Alam, Bukit Raja, Kota Raja, Bandar Sri Damansara, Country Heights, Puchong, Puchong Jaya, Puchong Perdana, Serdang)
- Sabak Bernam (Sekinchan, Sabak, Sungai Besar, Sungai Air Tawar, Sungai Panjang)
- Sepang (Pekan Sepang, Dengkil, Sungai Pelek, Cyberjaya, Salak Tinggi, Kuala Lumpur International Airport)
Note that certain areas such as Shah Alam, Ampang, Cheras, and Gombak overlap with other districts.
It can be a little confusing, but there are more sources to look up if you need further assistance
Keep practising physical distancing and wash your hands often. Watch the latest update on the COVID-19 situation:
Here are the new CMCO standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines announced by the Defence Minister:
Stay updated with the latest COVID-19 news: