Jobless Man Allegedly Beheads Mother & Puts It In A Box In Kuala Selangor

The suspect was said to be grinning even though he had been restrained by villagers after the alleged crime.

Cover image via China Press & Amirul Aiman ​​Hamsuddin/Harian Metro

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for our latest stories and breaking news.

A 28-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly decapitating his mother at their home in Kuala Selangor, Selangor on Saturday, 15 January

Kuala Selangor district police chief SUPT Ramli Kasas said the police were informed about the incident at 5.45pm two days ago, reported Bernama.

When the authorities arrived at the scene in Kampung Baru Pasir Penambang, they found the body of a woman in the living room and bloodstains in the house.

"The incident had come to light when one of the victim's children had gone to the house after they were unable to reach her," said Ramli yesterday, 16 January.

Upon arriving at the house, he said they found blood on the floor. The suspect who was startled by the presence of one of his siblings then ran towards the bushes behind the premises.

China Press reported that the suspect did not flee after the murder and was said to have placed the severed head in a box.

The house in Kampung Baru Pasir Penambang, where both the suspect and the victim lived.

Image via Amirul Aiman ​​Hamsuddin/Harian Metro

The police managed to arrest the suspect with the help of the villagers

The Chinese daily reported that a seven-second long video showing the suspect being surrounded by villagers went viral on social media.

The suspect was said to be grinning even though he had been restrained.

According to Harian Metro, the police seized a machete, believed to be the murder weapon, which was found in the bathroom of the house.

Ramli said the unemployed suspect lived with the victim and her husband, while other siblings live nearby.

Image via China Press

"Initial urine test on the suspect at the Tanjong Karang Hospital returned positive for methamphetamine and amphetamine," said the district police chief

The suspect will be remanded for seven days until 22 January.

The case is currently being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.

Catch up on the latest news on SAYS:

You may be interested in: