x

news

Power Bank Explodes In Car After Allegedly Left In Hot Sun In Kelantan

The incident reportedly took place yesterday, 6 September.

Cover image via SifuPowerBank & Info Roadblock JPJ/POLIS (Facebook)

A power bank was believed to have recently exploded after being left under the hot sun inside a car in Kelantan

Facebook page Info Roadblock JPJ/POLIS shared images of a Perodua Alza's passenger seat which caught on fire.

The incident reportedly took place at Tumpat Hospital's parking lot in Kelantan yesterday, 6 September.

According to the post, the power bank was left in the passenger seat's storage compartment

At the time of writing, the Facebook post has been shared over 3,000 times, as a couple of people relayed their own similar experiences

One person shared that she noticed smoke coming out of her vehicle after leaving a power bank inside the car one afternoon.

It turned out that the power bank overheated and burned some of her children's items and clothes.

Image via Facebook

Another also experienced leaving her handphone in the car which ended up becoming overheated.

Image via Facebook

To prevent this or any other worse scenarios, several reminded the public to always carry your power bank with you instead of leaving it in the car.

Image via Facebook

You can check out the Facebook post here:

This is not the first time power banks have exploded in cars:

In another instance, this man's house caught on fire when his power bank exploded: