The Selangor State Government Is Offering An Exclusive Loan With No Interest For Students
Applications are open until 31 August 2017.
Selangor is offering interest-free education loans to students of its state
Funds channelled from the Selangor state government to the Tabung Kumpulan Wang Biasiswa Negeri Selangor (TKWBNS), enables the organisation to offer zero-interest education loans for students to further their tertiary education studies.
These loans will be for students who are pursuing certificate, diploma, or a bachelor’s degree at public or private institutions of higher learning in the country.
The applications for the second session of 2017 begins today, 1 August, and the closing date is 31 August 2017.
Below are the criteria and application guidelines for those who wish to apply for the education loan:
An applicant must fulfil the criteria listed below for birth status:
1. Applicant was born in Selangor; or
2. Applicant's mother or father was born in Selangor; or
3. The applicant has been a resident in Selangor for more than five years and has obtained a verification from ADUN/Penghulu/Chairman of the JKKK/Village Head
Note: Priority will be given to applicants born in Selangor.
Here are some other criteria that applicants should also take note of:
1. A student who has received an offer to further his or her studies (full time only). Students who are offered to study the following courses are not eligible to apply: Distance learning courses, off-campus courses, A Level, O Level, professional certificates, vocational college.
2. Only students who have not received any kind of sponsorship/scholarship are eligible to apply. Students who have already received sponsorships/scholarships such as PTPTN, JPA, MARA, and others will not be eligible (except students with offers for medical courses).
3. Applicants with good academic achievements will be given priority.
4. Applicants who are in their final year of study, or has extended their studies will not be eligible.
For the full list of guidelines and criteria, visit the TKWBNS website here.
Those who are interested may submit their applications online on the TKWBNS website.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview session and there is a quota of 1,500 borrowers imposed each year