Are You Surprised By These 7 Facts About The Sex Lives Of Malaysians?
Durex surveyed adults aged 18-64 in 37 countries about their first experience with sexual intercourse and have found these results in their 2012 Global Face of Sex report. In a society where pre-marital sex is becoming more rampant, do these findings come as a surprise to you?
1. The average age of having sexual intercourse for the first time for Malaysians, at age 23, is among the highest around the world
Brazilians, Colombians and Austrians recorded the youngest age of first sexual intercourse at age 17
2. 54% of Malaysians use condom during their first sexual intercourse. Comparatively, Brazil has the highest percentage of condom use at first sex (66%) while Indonesia has the lowest proportion (27.6%).
Brazil was the country reported to have the highest proportion of condom users at first sex (66.0%), followed by Greece (65.5%) and South Korea (62.8%)google.com
By contrast, the lowest proportion of individuals using condoms at first sex was observed in Indonesia (27.6%), czech Republic (30.4%) and New Zealand (32.6%)google.com
3. Though Malaysians start formal sex education at the young age of 15, they are among the oldest. Mexicans educate their children about sex starting at age 12.
Sex education was found to start on average between the ages of 12 and 12.5 in Mexico, Austria and Germany. By contrast, respondents in India, Malaysia and China reported receiving their first formal sex education over the age of 15
experience of unplanned pregnancy.
4. 66.7% of Malaysians have never experienced an unplanned pregnancy. That means a staggering 33.3% of Malaysians have accidentally conceived a child.
More than 80% of respondents in Italy, France, the Netherlands and Mexico reported having never experienced an unplanned pregnancy. However, these figures were significantly lower in Turkey, New Zealand, and Romania where the equivalent number was at around 60% of
5. 78.6% of Malaysians have never contracted sexually transmitted infections. At 55.3%, Turkey has the greatest risk while Taiwan and Indonesia have the smallest incidence rates at over 88%.
6. How often do Malaysians have sex? 74.8% of Malaysians have sex on a weekly basis.
7. But only 38% are satisfied with their sex lives. Japanese are most unhappy with their sex lives (15%), while Nigeria and Mexico are the happiest (over 60%).
Nigerians are the most satisfied at 67% and followed by Mexico at 63%. The Greeks are only 51% satisfied with their sex even though they topped the "most sex per week" list. The United States is partially satisfied at 48% but ranks higher than Brazil, China, and Russia, which all have 42% sexual satisfaction. Japanese, who have sex least often, also have the lowest sexual satisfaction at 15%.businessinsider.com