Singapore's Health Science Authority (HSA) has recalled 18 brands of hand sanitisers due to high levels of acetaldehyde and/or methanol
According to the statement, the products were found to contain acetaldehyde and/or methanol at levels above the pharmaceutical pharmacopeia limit.
The date of recall was between February and April. The recall is classified under Class Two, which explains that the "issues would not likely cause serious adverse health outcomes".
These are the brands and batches that are affected:
1. Asepso Professional Hand Sanitiser (Batch: B42M)
2. Cuticura Hand Sanitizer (all batches)
3. Epi KleenGel Hand Sanitizer Gel (all batches)
4. Guardian Lavender & Passion Flower Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser (Batch: 9K28DF)
5. Guardian Aloe & Korean-Mint Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser (Batch: 0D32DF)
6. Kundal Fresh Water Hand Sanitizer+ (Batch: BN227)
7. Sanitelle Instant Hand Sanitizer Antiseptic Gel Kids (all batches)
8. Cath Kidston Moisturising Hand Sanitiser (all batches)
9. 红月亮® Redmoon 抑菌免水净手凝胶 Bacteriostat Wash Free Hand Wash Gel (all batches)
10. We11 Daily Instant Hand Sanitiser (all batches)
11. Cool Day's Peppermint Instant Hand Sanitizer (all batches)
12. Walch Instant Hand Sanitizer (Batch: TG01)
13. TP 706 Hand Sanitiser (Exp: 10/03/2022)
14. Lifebuoy Instant Hand Sanitizer (Batch: OD13UL)
15. FairPrice Hand Sanitiser Lavender (Batch: 201251-001)
16. germ-X Advanced Hand Sanitizer Original Scent (all batches)
17. Sanigen Gel Hand Refreshing Gel 600ml (all batches)
18. Yuri Hand Gel Green Tea Extract (all batches)
The level of recall is classified as a 'wholesale' level recall, which means that the affected products are recalled by wholesale suppliers. They are required to immediately stop selling these specified batches and return the remaining stocks to the company.
So far, the recall has only been announced in Singapore and there have been no mentions about products in Malaysia.
You can find out more information on HSA's website.
Read more recent news on SAYS: