Lim Guan Eng: No Toll Hikes For 21 Highways In 2019
Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng announced today, 27 December, that toll rate hikes for all vehicle classes on 21 highways will be frozen for 2019
The move, in addition to the abolition of motorcycle tolls on three highways in 2019, will cost the government nearly RM1 billion next year
The Finance Minister said that on top of the toll hike freeze on the 21 highways, toll prices on eight additional highways will also remain the same for buses.
Meanwhile, the motorcycle tolls on the First and Second Penang Bridges, and the Second Link in Johor will be abolished beginning 1 January 2019, according to Malay Mail.
"(These) will cost the government RM994.43 million next year for the benefit of all Malaysians," Lim added.
Here are the 21 highways included in the toll hike freeze for all vehicle classes:
- North-South Expressway,
- Malaysia-Singapore Second Link,
- Shah Alam Expressway (KESAS),
- North-South Expressway Central Link (ELITE),
- East Coast Expressway Phase 1,
- Besraya Expressway,
- New Pantai Expressway (NPE),
- Damansara-Puchong Expressway (LDP),
- Ampang-Kuala Lumpur Elevated Highway (AKLEH),
- Butterworth-Kulim Expressway (BKE),
- Duta-Ulu Klang Expressway (DUKE),
- Maju Expressway (MEX),
- Kajang-Seremban Highway (LEKAS),
- Senai-Desaru Expressway (SDE),
- Sprint Expressway,
- South Klang Valley Expressway (SKVE),
- Seremban-Port Dickson Highway (SPDH),
- Lebuhraya New North Klang Straits Bypass (NNKSB),
- Guthrie Corridor Expressway (GCE),
- Sultan Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah Bridge, and
- SMART tunnel.
The eight highways that will have frozen toll prices for buses are:
- Cheras-Kajang Expressway (CKE),
- Kuala Lumpur-Karak Expressway (KLK),
- Kemuning-Shah Alam Highway (LKSA),
- Butterworth Outer Ring Road (BORR),
- Kajang Dispersal Link Expressway (SILK),
- Kuala Lumpur-Kuala Selangor Expressway (LATAR),
- New Pantai Expressway (NPE), and
- Sprint Expressway.
Lim's announcement came a day after he said the first phase of the Cost of Living Aid (BSH) will be paid on 28 January: