Young Man In Selangor Saves Bag Of Rice As His Motorcycle Suddenly Bursts Into Flames
A young man from Banting, Selangor recently went viral after a stranger recorded his reaction to his motorcycle catching on fire
TikTok user @epi_kodok777 uploaded a video along with a caption that read, "At first the fire was small. Poured water and the flame became big."
The clip, posted four days ago, has garnered 2.8 million views and 200,700 likes.
Harian Metro managed to contact the person in the viral clip and identified him as 21-year-old Muhammad Arif Mohamad Ngatli.
In the clip, Muhammad Arif can be seen getting on his bike and starting the engine when a fire suddenly erupts and engulfs the front part of his motorcycle.
The man then quickly grabs a bag of rice and embraces it while he watches the flames grow bigger.
Muhammad Arif told Harian Metro that the incident took place roughly a week ago at a store near his house.
"I went to the store around 12pm and on the way there, there were no issues with the bike," he explained.
"I don't know why but suddenly the bike caught on fire the moment I turned on the engine while I was getting ready to go home. I was shocked to see the flames and at that moment, I saw the rice in the carrier and quickly grabbed it."
"Thankfully, I managed to get it because I was quite worried about going home empty-handed because buying that rice was a responsibility my mother gave to me," he added.
"At that moment, I was just thinking of saving the rice. If it caught on fire, I wouldn't know what would happen because the supply at home has run out."
He also noted that only the front part of the motorcycle caught on fire. As soon as the fire was extinguished, residents in the area helped him push the bike home.
"The motorcycle belongs to my father, but I always use it to go to the field, orchard, and to move around the residential area," said Muhammad Arif, who is currently working as a shepherd rearing cattle.
"Basically, the motorcycle is my daily vehicle and after the incident, it's still working but doesn't function as well as it used to. It's quite sad because it was the only motorcycle I had and there were no issues before this," he added.
Netizens left a bunch of sympathetic comments under the clip
One person wrote, "He just watched his motorcycle burn. Couldn't do anything. Be patient, okay? After this, it'll be replaced with other favours. Amin."
Another user commented, "Oh Allah, pity him. Can see that he needed the rice. Saved it just so he can have food. Then his bike caught on fire. He's left speechless."
"If I had money, I would help you bro. Be strong, still smiling although you're tested. Hope you're blessed always, bro," read another comment.
Muhammad Arif then explained that he did not know that the video had gone viral
"I do not have a TikTok account and did not know that the video was viral until I was told by my sister," he said.
"Thank you to those who are concerned until they were willing to help after watching the video. I got even more touched when a local leader came over to my house three days ago to ask about my condition and offer financial aid," he added.