1. Lionel Messi started the final with a lung busting run that gave the Germans a scare
2. A collision between an Argentine player and Christoph Kramer left him dazed. He was later substituted for Andre Schurrle. Remember that name later.
3. Probably the best chance of the game as a Gonzalo Higuain missed a free gift to put Argentina ahead. Very very costly.
4. Another close chance for Argentina as Germany manages to scuff the ball clear from the line
5. Germany then came close, hitting the post from a corner kick just before half time
6. At the start of the second half, Lionel Messi managed to break away and was THIS close to scoring
7. Chances after chance but no team seized the game. Just when things looked like it was heading to penalties, Andre Schurrle whipped a cross which Mario Goetze chested and scored. BOOM!
Congratulations Germany! The new World Champions!