8 Must-Visit Wedding Websites For The Internet Savvy Bride
The best wedding photographers, makeup artists, caterers, venues, dresses and everything else you need are stocked on the Internet. Where should you begin? Which websites will save you? In the 16th instalment of our weekly TECH TUESDAY column, the SAYS team curates a list of top wedding websites that feature everything and anything related to planning your wedding.
1. WedResearch: One of Malaysia's top wedding directories, scroll through long lists of vendors (caterers, venues, photographers, makeup artists, you name it) from all over the country. Meticulous couples hungry for contacts and reviews will appreciate the no-fuss interface of Wed Research.
2. TheWeddingNotebook: Based in KL, this quarterly online magazine has grown in popularity among modern brides. From engagement celebrations to wedding features, the site helps in planning a wedding day that truly reflects a couple's personality. In their own words they "are crazy about everything that has to do with weddings!"
3. Style Me Pretty: It started out as a humble Blogspot by Abby Larson featuring wedding style inspirations in 2007. Style Me Pretty has rapidly grown as one of the earliest wedding blogs around to the biggest go-to site for every style obsessed bride, today.
4. Carats And Cake: A really innovative site that allows brides-to-be to look for wedding vendors through the real weddings of others. In addition to browsing cakes, flowers and other details, Carats and Cake allows you to search weddings by local area, making the search for vendors so much easier.
5. Plan Your Wedding: You'd be surprised - two guys from Carlist.my founded this website, a place where couples can 'shop' for vendors, view product listings and get quotations. Their articles contribute great tips for clueless brides too.
6. Signature Weddings: A household name in online and print, the 'cupids' at Signature Weddings feature the most inspiring, sophisticated weddings in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and Hong Kong. Brides who love all things luxe are sure to save them as a bookmark.
7. iKahwin: From catering services, photographers, wedding officers to the venue provider, iKahwin connects people to wedding service providers throughout Malaysia. Watch their demo:
8. Jet Fete: Couples planning a destination wedding will love this blog, which features everything you need to know about planning a wedding from afar. It posts cover venues from around the world, wedding dresses for destination weddings, real destination weddings, style ideas, and planning advice.