In recent years, the demand for tablets has spiked, allowing for more options in the market
From lightweight tablets perfect for note-taking during class or meetings to tablets with stunning graphics for movie-watching or gaming, there is a wide selection for you to choose from.
Similar to their wide range of phones, HUAWEI also has three categories of tablets that cater to different needs — MatePad Pro, MatePad, and the T Series.
Don't know which HUAWEI tablet to get? Check out the specs below so you can find the one that best suits your needs:
1. HUAWEI MatePad Pro 12.6 inch (flagship level)
Equipped with a 12.6-inch OLED screen with 2560x1600 resolution and DCI-P3, as well as eight speakers, this tablet is great for entertainment purposes as it provides vivid tones and details.
It also boasts powerful performance, thanks to its Kirin 9000E processor with 8+256GB big storage. Additionally, it's compatible with HUAWEI's M-pencil (2nd Gen) and keyboard, and comes with three cameras — 13MP primary camera, 8MP wide angle camera, and 3D depth sensing lens.
With 40W SuperCharge, the tablet is able to fully charge in just two hours, with a single charge lasting up to 14 hours. It also supports reverse wireless charging of a maximum of 27W. For example, while traveling, you can save time by placing devices such as phones and watches on the back panel of the tablet for wireless charging.
- Matte Grey with keyboard: RM3,999
- Olive Green with M-pencil and keyboard: RM4,399
2. HUAWEI MatePad 11 (mainstream level)
With a fluid 10.95-inch screen and up to 120hz refresh rate, the HUAWEI MatePad 11 delivers smoother motions and visuals.
Compatible with the M-pencil (2nd Gen) and keyboard, it has a high degree of responsiveness, with latency as low as 2ms on the stylus. This allows the tablet to provide one of the most responsive, consistent, and authentic writing experiences available.
Other features include a Snapdragon 865 processor as well as four speakers and four microphones for surround sound.
- Matte Grey (6 + 128GB): RM1,999
- Olive Green (6 + 256GB): RM2,399
What the HUAWEI MatePad Pro and MatePad 11 have in common is that both use the Harmony OS system, which supports HUAWEI Share with phones and laptops
Here are the HUAWEI Share modes available for multi-screen collaboration between devices:
- Mirror Mode: Your laptop screen can be mirrored on your tablet, displaying the exact same content
- Extend Mode: Use your tablet as an additional screen for your laptop. Instead of opening multiple tabs on one device, now you can easily compare things by opening them simultaneously on two devices.
- Collaborate Mode: You can use your laptop's keyboard to type on the tablet, or use the mouse to seamlessly drag and drop files between devices. This'll save you plenty of time in transferring content, compared to other methods like using a USB drive or third-party apps.
3. HUAWEI MatePad 10.4 (mainstream level)
You'll love this tablet's 2K 10.4-inch screen and LTE connectivity. Plus, there's even a WiFi version. What's more, it's not only compatible with the M-pencil and keyboard, but also allows for HUAWEI Share with smartphones.
- LTE version (4 + 64GB): RM1,399
- WiFi version (4 + 128GB): RM1,499
4. HUAWEI MatePad T10S and T10 (entry level)
The 10-inch FHD screen comes with eye protection certified by TÜV Rheinland. And if you have little ones, you'll be happy to know that these tablets come with a kids corner to filter content and manage apps.
- T10 (2 + 32GB): RM799
- T10S LTE version (2 + 32GB): RM899
With many working remotely or from home these days, certain apps like Zoom and Google Meet have become more important than ever.
And of course, there are tonnes of other apps that we use on a daily basis too.
Here's how to access various essential apps from your HUAWEI tablet:
- Zoom: Search for Zoom in AppGallery > Download Zoom > Install it
- Google Meet & Google Classroom: Can be launched through AppGallery. Search for Google Meet or Google Classroom > Launch as Quick app (web browser) > Add shortcut to home screen. Do note that you'll be unable to share screen.
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint & WPS office: Available in AppGallery for direct download
- Microsoft Outlook & Gmail: Can be launched through AppGallery. Search for Microsoft Outlook or Gmail > Launch as Quick app (web browser) > Add shortcut to home screen
- myMail – Email for Hotmail, Gmail, and Outlook Mail: Available in AppGallery for direct download
- Telegram, Tinder, WeChat, LINE: Available in AppGallery for direct download
- Twitter: Can be launched through AppGallery. Search for Twitter > Launch as Quick app (web browser) > Add shortcut to home screen
- WhatsApp: Search in AppGallery > Open WhatsApp Messenger > Direct to web browser and download
- Facebook: Search in AppGallery > Open Facebook > Direct to web browser and download
- Instagram / Messenger: Search in AppGallery > Download through Petal Search (within AppGallery) OR Search for Instagram in AppGallery > Launch as Quick app (web browser) > Add shortcut to home screen
- Shopee, Lazada, Mudah, Shopback, Taobao, Zalora: Available in AppGallery for direct download
- Netflix: Search in AppGallery > Download through Petal Search (within AppGallery)
- Astro GO, Viu TV, iFlix: Available in AppGallery for direct download
- Mobile Legends, Garena Free Fire, Honkai Impact 3, Lords Mobile: Available in AppGallery for direct download
- Roblox: Can be launched through AppGallery. Search for Roblox > Launch as Quick app (web browser) > Continue in browser and may add shortcut to home screen
- Clash of Clans: Search in AppGallery > Download through Petal Search (within AppGallery)
If those steps are too troublesome for you, or if you're a heavy Google user, then just download the GSpace app instead
Just download GSpace via AppGallery, then open the app you want to use, such as Google Classroom, YouTube, Instagram, etc. After that, login to your Google account and download the app, that's it!
However, as GSpace is a free app, there will be ads when downloading and opening it.
No matter what kind of tablet you're looking for, HUAWEI has a model that suits you
Looking for something primarily for entertainment purposes? The HUAWEI MatePad Pro should be your pick, as the impressive screen and speakers will allow you to immerse yourself in your favourite movies and games.
On the other hand, the HUAWEI MatePad 11 is a great mid-range option that provides incredibly fluid visuals with up to 120hz refresh rate. Meanwhile, with both LTE and WiFi versions available, the MatePad is a cheaper option for those who prefer tablets that can be used with keyboards and stylus.
Check out more of our latest #tech stories: