tech

Another iPhone User Dies While Talking On His Charging iPhone

In the latest case of exploding Apple hardware, a Thai man has died while talking on his charging iPhone.

Cover image via

A man in Thailand has been reportedly electrocuted while using his charging iPhone

According to a report from Daily News Thailand, a man in Thailand was pronounced dead after being electrocuted by his iPhone 4s, which he was using while it was charging.

macrumors.com

Image for representational purposes only.

Image via jailbreakiosx.com

The man appeared to be using an unauthorized third-party charger to charge his device, which often do not meet Apple's safety standards.

theregister.co.uk

The 28-year-old Pisit Charnglek was found lying on the floor with his burnt iPhone in his left hand

He was found with his left hand holding on to a black iPhone 4s hooked up to a charger that was in a power outlet, according to Daily News on Monday.

zdnet.com

A burn was found on the left side of his chest, and the left hand that was holding the iPhone was burnt to the extent that his skin had stuck to it.

techinasia.com

Photo of the iPhone show a blue charger instead of Apple's standard white, indicating that a counterfeit charger may have overheated causing an electrical shock

Photo of the iPhone show a blue charger instead of Apple's standard white, indicating that a counterfeit charger may have overheated causing an electrical shock

Image via zdnet.com

Local police suspect that the deceased was using the phone in bed while he was falling asleep

Police suspect the man had been using the phone while falling asleep on the floor, which his father Chaleaw Charnglek described was typical of him.

yahoo.com

Image for representational purposes only.

Image via mcgilldaily.com

The young man’s father said that normally his son goes to bed around 11pm. He usually sleeps on the floor without a shirt, just as he was found. The father said he could hear his son making noises but thought he was just sleep-walking. Then in the morning, the father went into his young man’s room and found him dead.

appleinsider.com

While police are waiting for autopsy results before confirming the cause of death, they suspect the cause of death is electrocution via the phone charger.

zdnet.com

This is not the first time this year that an iPhone was accused of being a safety hazard

Image via amazonaws.com

Also read, is it dangerous to talk on the phone while charging it?

Are phones really safe while they are on charging mode?

Image via amazonaws.com