6 Things You Should Know About The New Touch 'N Go App
On 14 March, features for a new Touch 'n Go app were quietly released by the company on YouTube
The video revealed that the app includes impressive features such as scan-to-pay, prepaid top-up, and even purchase of flight tickets.
According to Lowyat.net, the app is perceived to be a revamped version of its predecessor, with a few newly-added functions.
The app went live on Google Play Store and App Store on 21 March.
1. Users can now transfer funds to their Touch 'n Go (TnG) cards, but there's a catch
In order to complete the fund transfer from the app to a TnG card, one has to find a terminal called Pick Up Device (PUD) according to its FAQ section on the website.
The PUDs are "installed at strategic locations", but the said list of locations could not be found in the FAQ section itself. The closest alternative, however, is a list of self-service kiosk (SSK) locations.
Lowyat.net also added that users must reload the e-wallet within the app before being able to transfer funds to a TnG card.
2. If you've signed up for the MyTouchNGo portal, you can't use the same login credentials for the app
3. Retained from its predecessor, the QR-based cashless payment feature requires a six-digit PIN before the QR code is revealed
4. The e-wallet can also be used for paying your prepaid or postpaid phone bill
5. You can even purchase movie tickets in MBO Cinemas using the app
6. Users also have the option to book flights through the app
For more information about the app, you can visit Touch 'n Go's website here.
Previously, Touch 'N Go has received approval from Bank Negara Malaysia to offer e-wallet services in Malaysia:
Read other #tech stories on SAYS: