Prices for the new iPhones have been released for Malaysia and as expected, you might have to sell off your kidney to afford one
The most expensive option among the new iPhones is the Xs Max 512GB, which is worth a whopping RM7,042.
Dropping over RM7,000 on a phone is A LOT of money, so check out what that amount of money can buy instead:
1. Downpayment for a Perodua Myvi
You could settle the 10% downpayment for a Perodua Myvi 1.5L AV and still have about RM2,000 to spare.
If you already have a car, the iPhone Xs Max is worth about a year of your car installments if it's RM500 monthly.
2. About two months of rent in Petaling Jaya or Subang Jaya
3. More than a year's worth of petrol and toll
The average Malaysian reportedly spends about RM300 to RM500 of their monthly income on petrol and toll.
4. Roughly five years of your phone bill
The average monthly phone bill per person in Malaysia is around RM70.
5. Around one and a half years' worth of groceries
The average Malaysian spends about RM400 every month on groceries and housing supplies.
6. Two gaming laptops
A good gaming laptop can be bought for about RM3,000 to RM4,500 per unit.
7. Two new Huawei Mate 20 Pro
A Huawei Mate 20 Pro will cost RM3,599.
8. Seven iPhone 6
Brand new local units of iPhone 6 cost about RM1,050 each.
9. Over 3,000 packets of nasi lemak from the roadside stalls
Most packets of nasi lemak cost about RM2 each and you might even have some spare cash for lots of lauk!
10. Roughly 450 Starbucks drinks
A drink from Starbucks will cost anywhere from RM10 to RM22.
11. Around 460 large sets of the McDonald's McChicken Burger
An average meal will set you back around RM15.
12. Around 1,400 packets of Maggi Mee
A six-packet Maggi Mee will cost around RM4.80.
13. Around 430 movie tickets
A movie ticket from the cinema will be about RM11 to RM18 for the standard seats.
14. Flight tickets to Europe for several people
RM7,000 is enough for flight tickets to Europe with a few hundred to spare for shopping!
15. Four or five pairs of Yeezys
A pair of Yeezys in the reseller market would cost around RM1,500 to RM2,500.
BONUS: Around 13 Supreme bricks
What would you get if you had RM7,000 to spare? Let us know in the comments section!