25 Things You'll Say "OMG YES" To If You Went To An All-Girls School
1. Everyone is weird and a little crazy
2. Seriously, the only time you'll see us acting "normal" is in class photos
That "prim and proper" formation probably took at least 15 minutes to set up (with a lot of screaming) and another 5 to get everyone to quiet down.
3. Everyone changes clothes in the classroom
4. Contrary to popular belief, the toilets are not exceptionally clean. Yes, girls can be gross too... :p
5. Got your period but don't have a pad? Don't worry, your classmates will save you.
BONUS: Saying you have "period pain" is always a legit excuse to skip PJ. :p
6. FREE PAD SAMPLES
... But only after you sit through a boring hour-long talk on menstruation.
7. You're with the "cool and rebellious" crowd if you wear your pinafore unbuckled and slightly unzipped
Other signs you're "cool and rebellious":
- Multiple ear piercings.
- You always have long nails. On purpose.
- You always "forget" to wear your name tag.
- You wear slippers to school although you don't have a leg injury.
- You always eat in class.
8. There will always be "popular gangs" who hate each other simply because it's a "gang rule" to beh syok each other
9. There were a lot of appearance-related rules e.g. no colourful bra straps, cannot wear baju kurung without a camisole underneath, no fancy haircuts etc.
10. You learn how to sit cross-legged in a pinafore without exposing yourself
11. You'd rather wear your PJ clothes all day than change back into the shirt and pinafore
You might get reprimanded by the discipline teacher, but seriously though. You're all sweaty and dirty, it makes no sense to change into a perfectly clean set of uniform. Also... PANTS.
12. That awkward moment when your pinafore became shorter because you grew taller over the holidays...
13. No boys = no boy drama
14. You'll always hear the juniors bragging about being "close" to this senior and that senior. Then other juniors become jealous. Then drama.
15. Gossip is a way of life, especially if it involves boys (having a boyfriend is a BIG DEAL) and lesbian rumours
It's literally all we talk about at recess.
16. You might have had a crush on one of your male teachers, especially the young trainees
Unfortunately, so does everyone else.
17. You always look forward to inter-school co-curricular activities and sports events, coz that's when guys from other schools would come to visit
Hey, we're not allowed to have male visitors - both boyfriends and boy friends alike - on normal days, okay.
18. But thank God you didn't have to deal with boys snickering and asking immature questions during Chapter 4 of Form 3 Science
Y'know... the reproduction chapter. ;)
19. You get super excited on days when you get to cook for Kemahiran Hidup class
20. No one likes doing gimrama for PJ. But you have no choice because "got marks one". :(
21. Everyone takes exams very, very seriously
TBH, we're super competitive when it comes to academic stuff.