30 Epic Things We All Did As Sekolah Kebangsaan Kids
1. Waiting anxiously for 'rehat' bell to ring so you could
2. Playing more classroom-friendly games
3. Rushing out after school to buy all your favourite snacks
4. Kelas seni #nuffsaid
5. Doing this for science experiment
6. Visiting the kedai buku everyday and spending all your pocket money there
You buy everything and anything except... well, books.
7. Customising and making name cards. Then, handing them out to all your friends like you were some superstar.
There's always that one 'dealer' who helps you to make or order these name cards.
8. The toilet pass!
An essential item to bring whenever you wanted to use the washroom. Pas keluar kelas can sometimes be replaced with keys when your teacher forgets to bring it along to class.
9. Everyone wanted to be a prefect because...
• You get to go for recess 10 minutes earlier than everyone else.
• You get to show who's the boss when you jaga kelas.
• You get to write down your friend's name on the blackboard when he or she is noisy.
10. ...but with great power comes great responsibility
You must get your timing right when you are chosen to raise the flag while everyone else sings Negaraku.
11. Calling your parents halfway through school using the public phone or the one in the pejabat because you had a stomach ache
Let's not forget about how you used to press the '*' and '#' at the same time when using the public phone because you believe that could prolong the usage without inserting additional money into it.
12. You know the real purpose of this wooden ruler is not for measurement
14. Decorating the class nicely because your teacher wants to win the kelas paling cantik award
Also, making a sudut bacaan (reading corner) in the class for extra points.
The tallest boy or girl in the class is always automatically assigned to clean up the blackboard.
16. Stealing chalk from empty classes for your teacher because you were too lazy to walk to the school's office
We all wanted the colourful ones.
17. Brushing your teeth by the longkang
... And trying to avoid getting your uniform wet when you gargle.
18. The scariest thing was when the nurses came to check your teeth
You quietly pray that they don't call up your name when they come in for the second time.
19. These are loveeeee! (pun intended :p)
One of the best food in your kantin sekolah.
20. You wanted to get into the Rancangan Makanan Tambahan (RMT) list
You always envied those who got chosen for RMT and Program Susu Sekolah.
22. A group of students to play the kompang for every special ceremony
23. Children's Day is the best day of the year!
Most likely to get free food, plus the chance to get selected to perform on stage.
24. Then there's Hari Kantin, where you get to spend all your vouchers to buy food
Always wishing that you could win something from the lucky draw.
25. Getting very tanned after Hari Sukan/Sukaneka!
26. Celebrating Hari Merdeka with the whole school like it's a festive season
Passionately singing (shouting) while waving the Jalur Gemilang.
27. You dreaded 'Report Card Day' aka Hari Terbuka the most
And it does not help when your class teacher tells your parents you were too noisy in class.
28. Playing all your favourite games after the year end exams
'UNO', 'Happy Family', 'Snap', 'Donkey', and 'Old Maid' were some the popular card games that everyone played.
Not forgetting Saidina, Jutaria, batu seremban and congkak too!
29. Go around asking your classmates to fill up your "biodata book"
Everyone take turns to write down their biodata, naming their best friends... and their "enemies" too.
30. Contributing at least RM0.20 to the duit kelas fund every week so that the money could be used for the year-end class party
Pretty sure we've made a lot of good memories during our childhood. :)
Oh, how fun it was for all of us who studied in a Sekolah Kebangsaan!
What are your favourite memories as a kid from sekolah kebangsaan? Let us know in the comments below!