Young Malaysians Tell Us What Scares Them The Most About Adulting
From getting married to income tax.
Adulting can be a scary prospect, especially when you're young and just starting to step into the real world
From suddenly having a lot more expenses, to all of the added responsibilities, learning how to navigate adult life can be tricky and understandably scary. Which is why a lot of us tend to freak out at the mere thought of having to deal with it all.
We asked young Malaysians to share what scares them the most about adulting. Here's what they had to say:
Note: These answers were submitted to us. We wrote out and photographed them on their behalf. Names have been changed for privacy.
1. "Income tax. I legit panic just thinking about it."
"IT LOOKS SO CONFUSINGGGGG!"
- Sarah, 22
2. "Any kind of loan absolutely terrifies me!"
"There's just so many things to consider and I don't even know where to start."
- Amy, 24
3. "That I'll need to do everything allll byyyy myselfffff"
"Why can't there be like an official How To Adult manual or something that teaches us everything we need to know?"
- Tim, 19
4. "I'm scared that I won't be able to find a job"
" I don't think I'm very picky but I'm scared that I'll start being picky once I'm actually job hunting. Or worse than that, I'm scared that people won't see any potential in me."
- Sonia, 20
5. "Nothing! I can't wait to be an adult!"
"Or so I thought. But now I regret everything lol. Please, please, please take me back to when I had no responsibilities to worry about!"
- Amir, 24
6. "Having to spend all my money on paying bills"
"I see how my parents end up paying so much on all the monthly bills, idk how I'm ever going to be able to do that and still be able to save up."
- Kat, 18
7. "Sounds a bit overdramatic but I'm scared that I'll starve to death"
"I really don't know how to cook okay! What's going to happen once I move out and have to fend for myself?!"
- Lucas, 17
8. "Having to get married ugh."
"And I'm extra worried about people pressuring me to get married once I reach a certain age even though I'm completely not ready for marriage yet."
- Aishah, 21
9. "Being broke 'cause I have to pay for everything myself"
"Food, rent, bills, petrol...how am I supposed to pay for everything? Especially if I have a job that doesn't pay enough."
- Tania, 23
10. "Failing and not having anything else to fall back on"
'Cause it's real life you know? If you fail while you're studying, there's still ways to turn things around, but there's no going back from failing at life."
- Chris, 22
Do you agree with most of the above? Adulthood doesn't have to be so scary guys!
You can now check off worrying about having to pay for expensive bills from your adulting fears list! Introducing Hotlink's first-ever postpaid plan that's both flexible and affordable - the new Hotlink Postpaid Flex.
You'll get to...:
1. Choose and change your unlimited Internet passes every month.
2. Control exactly how much you want to spend and what features you’re paying for, just like a prepaid plan!
3. Enjoy the convenience of a monthly billing and get awesome rewards with the Hotlink merchant deals.
From as low as RM30 per month, it's the lowest postpaid plan in town!
You'll start off with a base plan consisting of 4G high-speed Internet and unlimited calls and SMS to all networks. Then, you'll be able to choose unlimited Internet add-on bundles based on your favourite apps.
Here are all the options for Unlimited Internet Of Your Choice:
- Unlimited Social (+RM10/month): Unlimited high-speed data for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat and Pinterest
- Unlimited Music (+RM10/month): Unlimited high-speed data for Spotify, Joox, Sing! Karaoke, and Saavn
- Unlimited Chat (+RM5/month): Unlimited high-speed data for WhatsApp, LINE, WeChat, Imo and QQ
So if you're a social butterfly who can't live without using FB and Insta all day, every day, go for the Unlimited Social bundle and your total plan will only be RM40/month (RM30 base plan + RM10 bundle).
Wanna switch it up the next month and use the Unlimited Chat bundle to video call and stay in touch with you loved ones instead? No probs! Your total bill for that month will drop down to only RM35 (RM30 base plan + RM5 pass).
Can't make up your mind on which bundle to get? Go for the Best Seller which gives you 5GB high-speed Internet for only RM25! Go all out so you can surf and stream to your heart's content for only RM55/month (RM30 base plan + RM25 pass).
With no contracts or hidden charges, it's truly a flexible and affordable postpaid plan for everyone to try out! Terms and conditions apply.
Interested in trying out the Hotlink Postpaid Flex plan? Click here to find out more!