10 Unexpected Perks Of Dating A Gamer
Not all gamers are anti-social being who just sit around mashing game consoles, y'know? ;)
1. You know where to find them 98% of the time, nor do you have to worry about them disappearing for hours at a time because they're usually right where you left them - in front of a screen.
If they haven't replied your text or you haven't heard from them in a while, they're probably just preoccupied with that game they just bought or engaged in intense rounds of DOTA with their bros.
2. They have no problem with waiting for you to get ready because they are completely capable of entertaining themselves to while the time away
All the staring at slow-loading screens and awaiting the arrival of the newest game releases and game consoles have honed their level of patience. Besides, they can quell the monotony by playing a game or two while they wait. The thing is, you might have to wait for them to finish when you're finally done... ;p
3. They're pretty low maintenance :p
When their focus is fully concentrated on completing a mission, they don't really need much to sustain them except for some food, drinks, and a toilet close by.
Also, if you don't feel like going out on date night, your significant other will have no qualms about staying in, ordering pizza (or cooking pasta for two), and curling up on the couch with you for a movie/TV series marathon (or gaming together).
4. They don't demand your attention 100% of the time (for obvious reasons) and understands when you need some alone time
Just like you understand that they need to be given space when they're gaming, your significant other respects your personal space and is neither possessive nor jealous when you have plans to hang out with your friends or when you just want to be on your own.
5. You don't have to worry or think too much about what you're gonna get them for their birthday, anniversaries, or Christmas
Instead of buying them clothes, jewellery, or random novelty stuff that may not be to their liking, you just have to get them something that is related to their favourite game or a new game that is coming out. Just make sure they haven't pre-ordered it yet...
6. All that hammering away on consoles and nifty tinkering on keyboards means they're very, very good with their hands...
7. Gamers are pretty much kids at heart, so you can count on them to keep the flame alive with their great sense of humour and quick wits
You might feel a bit neglected at times, but you don't ever have to worry about your relationship going down to road of boredom because your gamer partner is always down to joke around and doing fun things together.
8. Gaming is scientifically proven to make people smarter and all the strategising they do does wonder for their problem-solving skills. In short, you'd want them on your team in times of crisis e.g. when you're stuck in an Escape Room.
If you need further convincing, both the US Defense Intelligence Agency and the US Army Intelligence Center have used video games for training personnel in critical thinking skills. So their hours spent playing Minecraft, Portal or World of Warcraft are really honing their problem-solving skills... unless they use cheat codes (that doesn't count).goodmenproject.com
9. Having working knowledge of their computer or gaming console comes hand-in-hand with gaming, so your tech-savvy significant other's got you covered when you face technical difficulties with your tech stuff
Chances are, when your system needs a cleaning or a check-up, they probably won’t nag you about finding someone to get that checked because they’ll know what to look for. Even if they don’t know exactly what it is, they aren’t afraid to learn and will more than likely do the research you probably should’ve done before you asked them.thoughtcatalog.com
10. Remember what we said about gamers being super patient? That's when you know they'll be perfect at showing you the ins and outs of gaming when you decide you'd like to try it out.
After all, a couple who games together, stays together!