In an exclusive interview on 'Bicara 4 Mata' recently, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak spoke about his love for eating and the fitness regime he follows to keep his weight under control, among other things
"In terms of eating, I have one problem. I like eating. So, I have to control. I can eat all kinds of food, so long it's delicious and halal. That's why I have to be more disciplined.
"I workout in the gym, have my own trainer but sometimes I don't follow the schedule. In my free time, I like playing golf," Najib said during the programme on 3 January, when speaking about the importance of leading a balanced, healthy life.
Najib has always been very vocal about health and fitness. Like most Malaysian politicians, Najib's speeches and social media channels are often peppered with messages on the importance of exercising.
If all this talk of fitness resonates with your new year's resolution of getting fitter and healthier, then let these photos of local politicians exercising serve as an inspiration!;)
1. Warm-up first!
2. Early morning gym sessions to start your day right
3. If you ever get sick of the confines of a gym, switch it up with some outdoor aerobics
4. Don't let busy business trips stop you from staying healthy!
5. Be sure to squeeze in mini workout sessions to stay fit during the holiday season
6. Grab a bunch of friends and workout together #bondingtime
7. Can't afford gym memberships? Neighbourhood parks are a great replacement!
8. A person who weighs 75kg can burn about 346 calories when cycling at a speed between 12 and 14 mph for 30 minutes
9. Joining outdoor fitness programmes can be fun too!
10. You can go on bike trips instead of road trips, like what our Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin did recently
BONUS: Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor at a poco poco session. Dancing is a great form of exercise, too!
Good luck with your 2018 fitness goals! :D
Anything is possible if you set your mind to it. This Chinese family followed a strict fitness plan for six months and achieved great results: