14 Things That Wajib Happen Every Year During Your Balik Kampung Drive
1. Dragging yourself out of bed at the crack of dawn to leave early in the hopes of avoiding the jam
But you usually end up stuck anyway 'cause everyone else had the same idea.
2. Fighting your siblings to the death all in the name of avoiding that dreaded middle seat
Who wants to be stuck squished there for the whole trip?!
3. Being forced to take the obligatory "nak gerak" wefie
4. If you're one of the pro families who set out at night instead, the car is fully stocked with snacks and food
5. Big families will confirm meet up at someone's place first so that everyone can konvoi together
6. Going back to sleep the second you're on the road 'cause it's just too damn early to be up and functioning
The paling kesian moment for the driver is when they're the only one left awake.
7. Everyone's super excited to blast Raya songs and have an epic car-aoke session at first...
... but you'll get sick of it soon enough and start begging to change the music to something, anything else!
8. Someone always asks to stop at a petrol station or rest stop every hour
Three words: NEED. TO. PEEEEEE.
9. Sleeping, sleeping, and more sleeping
Which is when those who are still awake start taking embarrassing photos as future blackmail material.
10. Having to turn back halfway 'cause someone forgot their baju raya at home
Everyone will be trying their best not to kill that one forgetful person.
11. Keeping yourself entertained by documenting the entire journey on Insta stories
Your updates will mostly consist of "still stuck in jam" photos and the occasional selfie.
12. Or your mother makes you help with last minute duit raya prep
It becomes your very important job to make sure the right amount of money goes into the right sampul.
13. If you're really bored while you're stuck in traffic, it's time to kacau kereta sebelah or start messaging random strangers on Waze
The conversation will mostly consist of complaining about the jam, making assumptions on what's causing it, and/or offering snacks to each other.
14. The mad rush as everyone scrambles to FINALLY get out of the car ASAP when you sampai
But you still have to take a group photo before you can head in lol.
Don't forget to service your car, pump air in your tyres, and fuel up before you start your balik kampung journey this year
And if you're a Mastercard holder filling up at Caltex, you also stand the chance of winning some awesome prizes, with their ongoing 'Tap & Go with Mastercard Contactless at Caltex' promotion.
The grand prize is a brand new Mercedes Benz GLC 200 Exclusive Line car! And there's also 131 other premium prizes up for grabs, consisting of 30 units of Honda BeAT and 100 units of Mastercard cards with RM 1,000 prepaid.
The best part is that there's no minimum spending amount required!
Just use the Mastercard contactless payment service to pay for any Caltex products (Premium95, Premium97, Diesel, and Power Diesel Euro5) or even Mart convenience store items, and you'll automatically be in the running to win.
Terms and conditions apply.
The contest will only be running until 31 August 2018 so don't miss out and join now! Click here to find out more.