17 House Rules You Grew Up With Because Your Parents Wouldn’t Let You Waste Anything
1. You must keep all plastic bags
Some have been kept for so long, they have started to fall apart...
2. You must keep all paper bags too
The paper bags are all kept in paperbags!
3. You must squeeze your toothpaste until nothing comes out of the tube
4. You dilute your body shampoo with water when it starts to run out
You turn the bottle upside down too.
5. Your house has many ice cream containers with no ice cream in it
Aaand the troll award goes to...
6. Leftover food is never thrown away
It tastes better the next day!
7. You must set your aircond on timer and not use it the whole night
8. The living room aircond is used for special occasions and guests of honour only
9. If you're the youngest, all the hand me downs are passed down to you
10. You must reuse your old t-shirts with the holes as floor rags
Commonly found outside bathroom doors.
11. Your cupboards are stocked with Tupperwares and plastic containers that are now turning yellow
No such thing as too many Tupperware containers.
12. Your mum wants to keep your baby clothes for your future babies
13. You always use the same festive decor every year
Year after year, you reuse decorations hoping no one notices.
14. You must keep all the pretty wrapping papers!
15. Your parents don't believe in buying mineral water
16. You must NEVER EVER leave the toilet lights on after you're done
17. Your freezer is always stocked with random food...
Winter is coming.
Check out more fun listicles here on SAYS: