20 Bad Memories Of The Time You Had To Complete Your Final Year Project
Those who experienced uni will know that the final year project (FYP) marks the toughest uni experience for most students
1. You don't take what your seniors warn you about FYP to heart
The same way you'll shrug this whole red flag ridden article off.
2. You know you’re SUPPOSED to start on it but heck, there's always tomorrow
That's something future you can worry about and you're really just planning ahead.
3. You start to feel the pressure as the deadline approaches
Your prayers are heard.
4. And so your days of evolving into a functioning but heavily sleep deprived zombie begins
Sleep? What sleep??
5. You get panic attacks and start to die on the inside at random moments
6. You grow numb to the effects of energy drinks and coffee
Caffeine loses its magic.
7. You hardly eat but when you do, it's only between tiny breaks
You begin to wonder when you last had a proper meal.
8. Extreme stress drives you and your batch mates insane
You'll hear people randomly shout, dance or sing in the middle of the classroom or library and that's completely ordinary.
9. You become hypersensitive to your surroundings
10. You sometimes reach moments of unparalleled focus
11. Till the tiredness catches up to you and lags your thinking
12. You occasionally engage in ghost-typing (typing with your eyes closed and your brain half asleep)
13. You experience a few unproductive dry spells
14. Your brain stops functioning as it slips into burnout mode
Error 404: Brain not found.
15. That will DEFINITELY lead to an emotional meltdown
You're not alone.
16. When presentation day comes, something always goes wrong
Technical difficulties, running out of time and losing your train of thought? All too common.
17. Not to mention when you need to print your journal
Boom! Your printer is out of ink and the print shop’s closed. Somehow manages to print everything… Oops, you forgot a page!