KL's Art Scene Is A Mix Of Traditional Heritage And Modern Fun. Check Out These 5 Places
Go on an 'Artful Discovery' this month!
Looking for cool things to do in the city during the school holidays?
If you're into both traditional and modern art, music, and performances, then this is definitely for you!
Bandar Aktiviti Seni KL (BAS KL) is inviting you to experience the best art destinations, galleries, attractions, and museums in Kuala Lumpur
Kicking off this March school holidays, it's the perfect opportunity to bring the kids on an exploration of our rich heritage in arts and crafts during the school holidays.
BAS KL is introducing a digital passport to help you on your art discovery journey through the city, and rewarding you with prizes once you collect a minimum of two stamps!
Here's how it works:
1. Visit any of the participating art destinations
2. Scan the available QR code at the destination and receive a digital stamp on your passport!
Campaign period: 17 March - 1 April
With these stamps, you'll be able to redeem special prizes, including a free drink from Tealive, a RM20 voucher from KFC, and even be in the running to win a 2D1N stay at KL Journal Hotel!
Details for redemption will be sent to the e-mail address used to create your BAS KL account upon collecting the required amount of stamps :)
However the best reward of all is being able to visit the amazing art destinations KL has to offer. Here are 5 of the must-see destinations:
1. Jadi Batek Gallery - the largest one-stop batik and handicrafts center in Kuala Lumpur
Located right in the heart of the city centre, the Jadi Batek Gallery is easily accessible and the free admission includes a guided walk.
Both batik demonstrations and batik classes are available throughout the day. Plus, you can pick up beautiful gifts and souvenirs.
2. Illusion 3D Art Gallery - take crazy photos with these realistic paintings and experience augmented reality scenes too!
This is the first 3D art museum in Kuala Lumpur city centre. Enjoy a world of illusion with hand-painted art by talented artists. Then step into the AR arena to come face-to-face with the unexpected!
Illusion 3D Art Gallery
Opening Times: 10am-8pm | Monday - Sunday
Contact: 03-2022 1613
Location: Lot 4.01-4.03 Level 2, Central Market Annexe, Jalan Hang Kasturi, KL
Admission Fee: RM33 - Adult, RM15 - Child
3. Ilham Gallery - get inspired by the exhibitions of modern and contemporary Malaysian art
Ilham is a public art gallery that is committed to supporting the development and understanding of art. The displays centre around modern and contemporary Malaysian art.
The gallery provides guided tours as well as hosting public talks and musical performances.
4. RIUH - a creative platform that includes both cultural and pop performances, live acts, good food, and pop-up stores featuring local artisans
RIUH is a monthly event that features a curation of pop-up stores, creative workshops, showcases, and live performances. Past highlights include 'The Sate Dance' by Anak Seni Asia Production, 'Joget' by ASK Company, and workshops and performances by Fusion Wayang Kulit.
5. Kuala Lumpur City Gallery - learn the history of KL through prints, photos, and architectural miniature models
Located in the historical enclave of Dataran Merdeka, the Kuala Lumpur City Gallery is a great place to experience the history of KL through different mediums. The gallery showcases nine innovative exhibits and is home to the largest KL skyline wood-veneer mural in the world.
The highlight of the gallery is the massive Kuala Lumpur City Model. With over 5,000 miniature buildings that were hand-assembled, this model showcases the city's past, present, and future through a spectacular lights and sounds show.
With loads of destinations to explore, you'll never run out of things to do!
Here are some of the participating art destinations:
- Jadi Batek Gallery
- Lost in Chinatown
- Illusion 3D Art Museum KL
- Kuala Lumpur City Gallery
- Ilham Gallery (Closed until 25 March. Resumes 26 March.)
- Petronas Gallery (Closed until 19 March. Resumes 20 March.)
- Dewan Filharmonik Petronas
- Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre
- RIUH (24-25 March only.)
- Bank Negara Malaysia Museum And Gallery
- Carcosa Seri Negara
- Islamic Arts Museum
- Balai Seni Negara
You also stand a chance to win a meet & greet museum tour and hi-tea experience with BAS KL's celebrity ambassador - Siti Saleha
Bring your family and friends on an 'Artful Discovery' of Kuala Lumpur with BAS KL now!
Got cool news to share?