Young Malaysians Share Why They're Not Continuing Their Studies After SPM
1. "I didn't do well at school"
"I didn't really focus in school so my SPM results aren't very good. I don't think any uni will accept me :("
- Din, 19
2. "I already have a job!"
"I got an internship that became a full-time job. I'm already making money, why would I want to study some more?"
- Shasha, 20
3. "Have to support my siblings"
"My little brother and sister are still in school so I have to help support them financially."
- Adi, 21
4. "I need to work first!"
"I want to earn my own money and not be a burden to my parents!"
- Amelia, 18
5. "Gotta earn money to pay for my education"
"College and university is so mahal. I have to work first and save up, then only I can study."
- Mariam, 23
6. "I live too far away!"
"I need to be close to home to look after my grandma. All the big colleges and unis are just too far away to travel daily."
- Sanjiv, 25
7. "It is expensive"
"My family cannot afford the course fees."
- Nina, 19
8. "Bad economy, must work"
"Seriously, the economy is so bad. It's better to work and earn money right away instead of wasting time."
- SY, 21
Do these reasons sound familiar to you?
Well, today's the day that's gonna change because UNITAR is offering solutions to your problems
For every barrier you face, UNITAR is here to help you overcome it so that you can have a brighter future.
From fee waivers, financial loans, and easy payments, to flexible study hours and work-study programmes, there's definitely options for you to accelerate your career and earning capabilities.
Here's how UNITAR can help you:
- Apply for a 100% PTPTN loan - so you don't have to worry about being unable to afford the course fees.
- Join the work-study programme - give your career a jump start while still studying. Choose from 50 leading GLC and MNC partners.
- Get a 30% discount on course fees - get a quality education at an affordable price.
- Obtain your foundation, diploma, degree, masters, or doctorate - pick any course of interest that will bring out the best in you.
- SPM straight to degree with work experience - use your relevant work experience to your advantage and fast-track to a degree programme.
- Free Foundation course with 5 SPM credits - this is your chance to progress into a degree programme if you think you didn't do so well in school.
- Certified MQA and KPT with high graduate marketability rate - so it's easier for you to get a job upon graduation
- Available at 11 locations and online - UNITAR is everywhere and flexible too. Pick a campus that best suits you or else attend classes online for certain programmes.
- World-class facilities - the campus boasts sports and recreational facilities, including a futsal court, a student recreation area, and a library that has both print and electronic reading materials.
- Global education standards right in the heart of Petaling Jaya - get a world-class education right here in Malaysia.
Kickstart #URFuture at UNITAR with foundation, diploma, degree, and MBA programmes
UNITAR offers over 30 programmes with faculties in business and accounting, and education and humanities. There is also a school of culinary arts and foundation school, as well as an MBA programme.
The great thing about the MBA programme is its flexibility. Choose between 100% class, 100% online, or a flexible studying mode.
In short, there are loads of options for you to choose from! Get all the course details here.
Register this month and join the September intake to bring your career to another level. Visit UNITAR to learn more!