Animal Prints Or Textured Paint? Here's What Malaysians Voted For In The Home Decor Poll
A recent poll taken by over 5,000 people revealed the opinions of Malaysians about home decor
From colour palettes to animal print, trying out textured paint to furniture options... Here's what we found out:
1. When it comes to overall aesthetics, Malaysians really love that modern, clean, minimalist look
35% of Malaysians voted for a minimalist look, close behind at 32% was "warm, fuzzy, and comfy-cozy."
2. Meanwhile, only 4% of Malaysians want bold colours and patterns
3. 58% of Malaysians are cool with using glitter in their home decor
4. But a whopping 73% said 'heck no' to animal prints
Only 2% of people voted to decorate their home with animal prints.
5. Only 6% of Malaysians are into leather
Comfy sofas won the majority vote by a whopping 58%, followed by a cozy armchair or daybed, which both got 13% of votes each.
6. More than half would decorate a bathroom, while 13% don't think it's necessary at all
7. Cool tones got the highest vote with 31% of people choosing it as their favourite colour palette
Warm tones were a close second with pastels coming in third.
8. Nobody wants neon :(
The neon colour palette only received 102 votes, making up 2% of the total.
9. When it comes to wall paint, the most important thing for Malaysians is that the paint is long-lasting and worth it
37% of respondents agreed quality was the most important thing, 11% looked for paint that is environmentally friendly, and 7% voted for the after effect of paint.
10. Two out of three Malaysians have heard about textured paint
Textured paint allows you to easily turn your walls into art with a range of different textures and colours. A whopping 74% of Malaysians were willing to try it, while 5% have already used textured paint.
11. Nippon Paint was the number 1 go-to brand for Malaysians with 21% of the vote
49% of Malaysians admitted they have no idea what paint brand to use though.
12. Moving to a new house was the top reason for people to paint their house
Being inspired by friends and home decor TV shows was the second reason at 22% of the vote, while 11% said they would only paint their homes to hide wall problems.
So do you have the same opinions as everyone else?
Make your home decor dreams come true with a splash of new paint
Nippon Paint Momento Special Effect Paint is a contemporary and modern approach to traditional paint. It comes in a range of different textures to create art on your walls.
This textured paint has 3D effects that are perfect for feature walls. The best thing about it is you don't need any technical skills or experience in painting because the application is super easy.
With loads of colours and effects to choose from, you're going to be spoiled for choice.
Nippon Paint Momento Special Effect Paint is formulated with low VOC and is free from formaldehyde. This makes it a safe choice for you and your family.
A recent Home Tester Club survey saw Nippon Paint Momento Special Effect Paint a star rating of 4.7 out of 5
Here's a look at the results:
- 98% agreed that Nippon Paint Momento Special Effect Paint gives their feature wall an extraordinary masterpiece texture.
- 97% agreed that Nippon Paint Momento Special Effect Paint has an easy application and they can apply on their own.
- 96% would consider switching from their current brand to Nippon Paint Momento Special Effect Paint.
- 99% would recommend Nippon Paint Momento Special Effect Paint to their family and friends.
Get more information on Nippon Paint Momento Special Effect Paint here!